[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that as long as a piece of music is "good"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Fuckedtony Uptano.png (674KB, 1305x401px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckedtony Uptano.png
674KB, 1305x401px
Reminder that as long as a piece of music is "good" and """"thought-provoking"""" and """"""of great legacy"""""", it's perfectly fine to critically list it on two consecutive years, the second time with a grand leap from mid-pack favorite to being the best of the bunch.
>>
>falling for the plebano meme

you know he actually makes 0 points when he speaks right?
>>
I kind of agree i guess but not really
>>
>>69844105
his idea that a single from 2015 is supposed to be the best thing 2016 has offered sounds like a point made to me
>>
>Song comes out late last year and everyone puts it on their end of year lists because they like it
>Song picks up relevancy and becomes a staple of 2016 with the added effect of giving everyone an entire year to digest and understand it, it becomes one of the best tracks of 2016
I don't like either of them really but its pretty easy to understand this mentality, since I'm not autistic and am able to understand people on an emotional level

He should have waited til January for both lists though and then he wouldn't have this problem
>>
>>69844216
hi copypasta

no, the mentality should be way simple.

am I making a list of best releases?
was this released last year?
did I already acknowledge it last year as such?
then WHAT THE FUCK am I doing putting it on this year's list
>>
>>69844252
>hi copypasta
lol fair enuff

who gives a shit about all that stuff, I guarantee the majority of people who like that song heard it in 2016 - to most of the population it is a 2016 song
Fat dog Mendoza also feels the exact same way apparently and its his shitty singles list (why singles i dont know) so whatever
>>
>>69844343
>Fat dog Mendoza

Are we still talking about Butttano, cause I can't tell.

If so, I think the answer is that he can't dissociate his preferences in lone tracks from his overall preference in albums, when it comes to list making. Because except for a couple of years, his #1s have come from the same source. Which is silly. I can perfectly have a fuckton more favourite songs from a year without necessarily relating to my favourite albums. I can perfectly enjoy as a whole the concept of a great album, without feeling the best song off it equally trumps everything else.

And most importantly, I am a music fan in my own intimacy. It's not me with velleities to record myself on camera and monetize my opinion to general audience. It's him.
>>
fuck him best single this year was Daydreaming and it's not even on the list he puts Burn The Witch in it's place what the fuck Fantano wake up
>>
>>69844425
>I can perfectly have a fuckton more favourite songs from a year without necessarily relating to my favourite albums. I can perfectly enjoy as a whole the concept of a great album, without feeling the best song off it equally trumps everything else.
I watched it and he picked a few songs from albums he didn't necessarily like but I agree, I feel like that's a problem with music criticism and writing as a whole though. You see the exact same thing with P4k and every other pub under the sun. Fanty is especially bad for this though because he's just one guy.
The fact that he constrained himself to singles released off albums is another factor in this as well I bet.
>It's not me with velleities to record myself on camera and monetize my opinion to general audience. It's him.
That's a stupid mentality to have about this though, just because he monetizes his following doesn't mean he necessarily has to ridiculously precise and follow a strict code or even give a shit about his end of year list. His mentality is clearly "I'm going to record my opinions on albums and then people can watch if they want", he clearly doesn't do it to appease everyone else.
>>
does this mean i can put xiu xiu on my aoty list now?
>>
>>69844067
Wew lad
Who gives a fuck if some music reviewer puts one album on his best of current year list twice in a row?
Especially if it was released late in the year
Especially if the meaning behind the album came to light in january next year

OP is severely autistic
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.