[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does he think Moby is overrated? Moby does the arrangement,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Piero Scaruffi.jpg (141KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Piero Scaruffi.jpg
141KB, 770x1027px
Why does he think Moby is overrated?
Moby does the arrangement, composition, engineering, instrumentation, mixing, production, and vocals on his albums. I agree there are much better artists out there, but hardly any of them are as much of an individual force as Moby, or as hard-working, whether one likes his music or not. The guy does at least 90% of the work for his music all the time.
>>
who the fuck cares
>>
It was the 90s and Moby's work was in every commercial on television, I can imagine was it was grating and easy to write him off as "overrated" at that time.

"Porcelain" is the epitome of the turn of the millennium
>>
>>69843061

this honestly familia
>>
>does a lot of work
>good
lol
>>
>>69843046

Why the fuck would that make his music better

>but hardly any of them are as much of an individual force as Moby,

There are a buttload of other artists who do all this stuff themselves
>>
>>69843046
>Moby does the arrangement, composition, engineering, instrumentation, mixing, production, and vocals
...of samples of other people's music.
>>
>>69843046
haha his fly is down
>>
>>69843046
>Moby does the arrangement, composition, engineering, instrumentation, mixing, production, and vocals on his albums
Mate this means fuck all. It's the same stupid argument the grimes douchebags try to make. If the end result is a pile of shit, none of that matters.
>>
Why do people care what he thinks?

>>69843561

Why were you looking?
>>
>>69843574
Because I wanted to see Scaruffi's bulge. What, you mean you didn't want to see it?
>>
>>69843136
... that he paid for the rights for and manipulated into something new. you are a fool if you think this makes it not art.
>>
>>69843136
Surely you can't be this fucking stupid. Go watch the YouTube video of Play's samples. Moby does more on his own than any other sample-based artist, and can play a shit-ton of instruments. This is why I fucking despise Moby haters. You stupid fucks don't do your research before opening your dumbass mouths.
>>
>>69843100
Admittedly his music follows a formula and he does not push himself hard enough lyrically, but he still has loads of gems for any newcomer.
>God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters
>Everloving
>Alice
>Shot In The Back Of The Head
>The Day
>Saints
>A Simple Love
>>
>>69843076
Yeah there was half a year or so in the late 90s when Moby owned music. He licensed Play out to ad companies and there was Moby wash everywhere. Malls coffee shops fucking everywhere played that album so Scarffi's just buttmad it was never him.
>>
So fucking what? No one should judge music based on the amount of hard work that the musician behind has put into it
>>
>>69843046
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omq6r8nh2Eg
>>
moby tries many different styles, but all of his songs follow the same repetitive formula. if he invested a bit more into modulations and different chords changes, he would've been so much better
>>
>>69843061
tru
>>
He looks like Alan Alda.

Anyway here's my unironically 2nd favorite Moby track even though it isn't his song.
https://youtu.be/_Nt5by-TsUw
>>
>>69843046
Never liked any of his stuff till discovering 'Long Ambients' last night. Got it spinning right now, lovely droney ambience.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.