[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some good jazz guitar. Been listening to Reinhardt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Looking for some good jazz guitar. Been listening to Reinhardt , Wes Montgomery and Grant Green for reference

Pic unrelated
>>
Me?
>>
Dead Kennedys - Nazi Punks Fuck Off
>>>/pol/
>>
nels cline
pat metheny
jeff parker
john maclaughlin
john fahey

the list goes on....
>>
>>69834717
>good jazz guitar.
There isn't much that's good. Guitar isn't a be-bop instrument and is overlooked in jazz , it appears in a big band setting more often. It's more usually used for prog rock pretending to be jazz.

Johnny Smith , moonlight on vermont is a good album but he gets a bit sickly after a while
West Montgomery... some of it is awful, overated as anything
Joe Pass, I remember Charlie lol! Not very exciting, no real groove and very nerdy
Grant Green , he was good, not the greatest , bit minor league but that's where the charm comes from , bluesy lots of charisma
Mike stern, John mclachlin (sic) , John schofield, melodic minor prog, they'll be some chimes , waaaaow Wow waaaow type noises

Better looking for Bosa nova type guitar playing really
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>69837157
>no George Benson
What are you doing man?
>>
>>69834717
Sorry Momiji, /mu/ doesn't listen to good music any more.
>>
File: slide_1.jpg (64KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
slide_1.jpg
64KB, 960x720px
>>69837209
I've not heard much of him. He's smooth territory?

Apart from Christian who can compete with Parker, Coltrane, Baker

None of them , I don't think so
>>
>>69834717
Awoo > . <
>>
awoo
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3000x4593px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3000x4593px
Check out the stuff under the "Jazz Guitar" section in pic, plus:

John McLaughlin - Extrapolation
Sonny Sharrock - Ask The Ages
Sonny Sharrock - Space Ghost Coast To Coast soundtrack
The Sandole Brothers - Modern Music From Philadelphia

>>69837157
Wtf are you on about? Listen to more jazz, pleb. Wait nvm, actually listen to the artists you're trying to shit on. Not to mention that you just sound like a stupidly old fart if you think Christian is tops when most of these guys built on top of what he did.
>>
>>69837483
>vm, actually listen to the artists you're trying to shit
You're out of your league man, I was taught by Barney Kessel's mate

(Barney kessel, he is good especially with Julie London)
>>
>>69837516
Cool, and my uncle played with Tony Williams. Either way, you came into this topic to shit on guys loved by those who are out of both of our leagues, but more importantly you are shitting up a thread where OP asked for what to look for, not to make up his mind for him within the jazz guitar world.
>>
>>69837550
>who are out of both of our leagues, but
Speak for yourself
>>
>>69837571
No offense love, but I would take Miles Davis over anonymous 4chan user who knows a guy who knew a goddamn session musician.
>>
>>69837607
That's your particular major problem then
>>
>>69834717
Fuck off faggot. You don't deserve to listen to multicultural music like Jazz. Stick to Ted Nugent and Nickelback
>>
>>69837749
Nugent is bluesy hard rock though. His style of music is inherently multicultural, too. So is Nickleback's.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.