[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>listen to this and Smile >almost everything i've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: pet_sounds_artwork_1290_1290.jpg (952KB, 1290x1290px) Image search: [Google]
pet_sounds_artwork_1290_1290.jpg
952KB, 1290x1290px
>listen to this and Smile
>almost everything i've listened to since is slightly disappointing just because it pales in comparison

what do?
>>
I went through a Future phase
>>
Try animal collective, they are like an electronica Beach Boys
>>
>>69832035
Listen to Gershwin or something, Wilson loved him.

>>69832076
Ha-ha, no.
>>
File: original_460.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
original_460.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
This because it built on what pet sounds had established.
>>
>>69832076
This, Animal Collective is actually able of curing this... you just have to start at the right album and I dont know which one to suggest... Probably "Strawberry Jam" though.... also the band "Women" might work too.
>>
File: 1479043151459.png (335KB, 439x525px) Image search: [Google]
1479043151459.png
335KB, 439x525px
>>69832076
>animal collective
>electronica
>>
>>69832193
Its totally not electronica... I dont know why anon said it but its still a good suggestion.
>>
I thoguht that, then I listened to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZW9NYX6JZA&t=16s
>>
Tages - Studio
The Fallen Angels - It's a Long Way Down
Scott Walker - Scott 3/Scott 4
Love - Forever Changes
Small Faces - Odgens Nut Gone Flake
Nirvana - All of Us/Story of Simon Simopath
The Freeborne - Peak Impressions
>>
There is plenty of other fucking excellent music out there, don't worry about it. You will find something else that speaks to you, guaranteed
>>
Jellyfish
>>
>>69832287
oh, and The Four Seasons - Genuine Imitation Life Gazette
>>
Besides from Pet Sounds and Smile what are other Beach Boys albums worth my time?
>>
>>69832076
They definitely have a heavy Beach Boys influence, and Noah has a vocal resemblance to Brian, but I think the real connection between BB and AnCo are the open-hearted, childish, almost naive emotions both artists let out on full display in their music. And anyone who denies that AnCo is one of the most significant/influential and, dare I say, one of the best bands of the 2000s is simply being a contrarian.
>>
>>69832405
Surfs up
>>
>>69832405
Sunflower, Wild Honey, Surf's Up, Love You, and Today!
>>
>>69832405
Everything from Surfin' Safari to Love You.
>>
>>69832438
>>69832467
Surf's Up is so close to being a 9/10 if it wasn't for Student Demonstration Time.
>>
>>69832405
Everything from their early output (1965 and earlier) is worth listening to outside of their "cars" phase.
>>
>>69832263
I just didn't know what to label it desu. What does it actually fall under? indie pop? lol.
>>
>>69832526
I've heard them called neo-psychedelia, which is more fitting than electronica. Indie pop honestly wouldn't be too far from the truth either.
>>
>>69832510
Sooooo fucking true. I hate that song. I only like the line The pen is mightier than the sword but no match for a gun.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.