[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is album is so repetitive. Don't know why it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

This is album is so repetitive. Don't know why it's so often a favorite among Metallica fans, it's like the worst one outside of Load. The Shortest Straw actually triggers a migraine for me.
>>
>>69831889
Nostalgia is a big factor, for me at least. This was the first metal album I ever purchased back in 1994 when I was 11. I loved ONE and the music video, and also enjoyed the Metallica songs that were played on the on the radio and MTV. They usually only played the shorter songs though and I had never heard songs that were over five minutes besides classical music.

Hearing songs that were 8+ minutes long was unbelievable. It felt like a journey through every song instead of a brief run.

That being said, some of the songs drag on and on but it's still an amazing album. Dyers Eve is 10/10
>>
>>69832004
go back to r/music
>>
irredeemably bad taste, start from scratch
>>
>>69831889
CHALLENGE LIBERTY!!!
>>
File: 1481593360438.jpg (103KB, 784x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481593360438.jpg
103KB, 784x960px
>>69831889

The production makes it hard to listen to for me.

I'd rather listen to the rough-ass production of Kill Em All than that scooped mids shitfest on AJFA.

James ruined that album by sneaking in the studio at night and fucking with the mix to remove the bass guitar btw.
>>
There are some great songs but the production sucks all the life out of most of them and makes it a chore to listen to. Kind of a shame.
>>
D A R K N E S S
A
R
K
N
E
S
S
>>
>>69833039
I M P R I S O N I N G M E
>>
>>69831889
I share this exact sentiment with Kill Em All
>>
File: jason.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
jason.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
Blackened
One
Harvester Of Sorrow
To Live Is To Die
Dyers Eve

all worth it
>>
>>69831889
>...and justice for all
>load
>worse than st. anger

Nice opinions you got there friend. Thanks for sharing them.
>>
failed proto-progmetal experiment

sounds even worse in retrospect knowing that opeth, anubis, and coheed would rework and salvage what little was worth listening to from to live is to die and harvester.
>>
>>69832114
It was Lars who wanted Jason's bass removed.

Said it messed with his drum tone.
>>
>>69834168
st anger was the only good song on st anger.
>>
>>69834824
Frantic is good too (Tick Tick Tock aside).
>>
It's definitely the worst of their pre-s/t albums. It still has a lot of good stuff on it.
>>
>>69834878
MY LIFESTYLE
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.