[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For what purpose? For what purpose does it exist? Is it supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

For what purpose? For what purpose does it exist? Is it supposed to make you feel sick to your core? Is it supposed to make you take a look in the mirror and come to terms with the ugliness of mankind? Or is it made with genuine enthusiasm surrounding the subject matter by its creator?

Is there even a purpose at all?
>>
I'm asking more about power electronics in general, not just this album specifically. I can appreciate the music and I would consider myself a "fan", but I just don't get the point, if there's even a point to get, or if it deserves any attention at all?
>>
File: 10ftmbo.jpg (16KB, 528x350px)
10ftmbo.jpg
16KB, 528x350px
it's supposed to make you realize what a dumb faggot you are
>>
For the same reasons that true crime stories, horror films and the deep web draw peoples' interest. That album is particularly fucking nasty though.

Ballerina struck a nerve with me but the rest of the album is pretty awful musically. There are much, much more enjoyable P.E. records.
>>
Power electronics and harsh noise are pretty much the nu-metal of "experimental" music, don't overanalyze them.
It's just corny pseudo-provocative shit for teenagers who want to feel edgy but are too pretentious to allow themselves to just listen to Korn or Napalm Death or some shit.
There's a reason why all this music is in its own little subcultural ghetto and gets next to no coverage from more credible and robust sources of left-field music coverage.
>>
>>69831112
>I just don't get the point, if there's even a point to get
do you mean, like, the atmosphere or the """"message"""" that the artist is trying to convey?
there are a bunch of artists who are obviously just kids fucking around with gear, but other artists definitely do have some kind of vision with what they're creating.
prurient is goat.
>>
File: 1479909355570s.jpg (29KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479909355570s.jpg
29KB, 300x400px
>>69831333
>comparing korn to napalm death
>>
>>69831333
An accurate assessment. Power electronics are juvenile tripe. The whole thing has more in common with Cannibal Corpse than it does with J.G. Ballard.

It all feels like retarded metalheads trying their best to imitate SPK and Neubauten without realizing what made those bands provocative and compelling in the first place.

>>69831369
>prurient is goat.

Prurient is also juvenile tripe, it's just that his work is reminiscent less of Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus and more of Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails which I suppose is slightly less moronic and slightly more "intelligent".
>>
Can someone explain to me why you guys consider P.E. "juvenile tripe"
>>
Mikko Aspa here, ask me anything.
>>
File: 1466432540155.jpg (404KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
1466432540155.jpg
404KB, 1280x852px
>>69832124
>>69832124
>autists and dipshit goths in balaclavas and/or black leather screaming about rape, serial killers, nazis and sadomasochism over simplistic and one-dimensional industrial soundscapes

it is truly a mystery why people don't give this thought-provoking and finely crafted music the respect it deserves
>>
Exploration of a topic. Like a book or a documentary or a movie if you're not brain-dead and one sided in your interpretation of media.

>>69831333
>Pretentious

You're using that word again
>>
>>69832237

you're a fag fuck off. go back to listening to pop rock and nu-metal haha
>>
Noise is trash.
>>
>>69831477
its basically the same
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.