[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They get a lot of hate, but U2 are probably hands down the greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IRPRNlA.jpg (519KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IRPRNlA.jpg
519KB, 1200x800px
They get a lot of hate, but U2 are probably hands down the greatest live band I have seen on my 50yrs on this planet
>>
I didn't know people as old as you posted here
U2 are pretty great live, even now, I'll give you that
>>
>>69829338
will bono ever be able to play guitar again?
>>
File: CT77.jpg (45KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
CT77.jpg
45KB, 500x538px
>>69829338
I haven't been alive nearly as long as you, and I saw U2 live and enjoyed it... but there were way better live bands from your era.
>>
U2 have always been shit grampa

YEAH
YEAH
>>
>>69829367

He can strum and play the odd rhythm section, but to be honest U2 have never needed it.

On the last IE tour you could see Edgle "play ahead" whilst his guitar was muted and store it on a looper pedal, that he could then come back to, kick in and solo over. Kinda impressive when he was often 100ft away and coordinating with Dallas over.
>>
>>69829393

Even at age 50 I bet I could still knock you out.

>>69829382

Agreed I was spoiled for choice.
ACDC come in a close 2nd for live performances. Also saw Queen live in Budapest which was unforgetable
>>
I was only slightly familiar with U2 before they were released complementary with the new iOS. Songs of Innocence was a cheesy album, definitely not one of their best, and the fact that it could not be removed at will left me with a bad impression of U2, by association.

Ever since I cannot be objective about them. Subjectively, they're the bastards that clogged the U section of my music for a week or so. That's all I remember of them.
>>
>>69829407
That's so cool

I never thought of edge as an amazing technical player but he's creative with delay and those kinds of effects
>>
>>69829456

Kids aged 10-21 who play guitar hate the Edge because "he only plays with delay and echo"

Moderate players find his stuff to be not that chellenging compared to the faster players

Advanced players really appreciate the edge for his use of technology, tone and attention to detail.

Yes he uses echo, delay, reverb, but there is nowhere to hide with delay and echo. If you fuck up, its doubly noticable.
Edge will never top somebody like Vai or Johnson in terms of technicality but you cannot deny his sound is unique and instantly recognisable.

If his music and playing is so easy, they why do more people not make simplistic hooks and licks that are still popular 30yrs later.
>>
File: The Unforgettable Fire.jpg (149KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
The Unforgettable Fire.jpg
149KB, 600x599px
U2's one of the best mainstream bands that are also patrician as fug

Musically, there's no albums that can be considered duds in their discography
>>
>>69829534
Well said.
>>
>>69829534
As someone who has been playing guitar for twelve years, I can honestly say that many of The Edge's guitar pieces can be very tricky to play. The man has fantastic rythym and coordination.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.