[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we're all in agreement that RTJ is overrated right? They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: e231dd24.jpg (69KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
e231dd24.jpg
69KB, 465x465px
So we're all in agreement that RTJ is overrated right? They make ok music but they aren't even close to being worthy of the praise and attention which publications like p4k give them. I assume this is the general consensus on /mu/, right?
>>
yeah they're fine but not godlike as so many online publications claim them to be.
>>
>>69823605
No
>>
"I somersault in the room and then pop to the Van Damme split on em
Rappers all get the dick like they got clits on em
Big and sweaty testicular cancer induced tits on em
The love to hug and cry and explain what they are the victim of
Braid each others hair and tell stories bout how they’ve been in love
Hey kids I’m a computer, I’m a trooper feeling super, shoot the future like a looper
You tryna step like gooses ima go home with your luger
The tie-ers of the nooses get a broom up in their pooper"

This is the best modern hip-hop has to offer? Seriously?
>>
I feel pitchfork overrated them a bit, I'd say they hover around 7.5/10
>>
>>69823701
That seems about right, assuming we wre using the p4k scale where 7.5 is just somewhat above average. For anyone who thinks that they are great, tell us which tracks/verses were genuinely great off of RTJ 1&2.
>>
>>69823605
FUCK OP is a retard
>>
>>69823675
No. They're much better groups out there.
>>
One of my favorite modern rap groups but they're definitely not making history. They're just 2 guys who make great beats and write some fairly silly verses.
>>
>>69823784
I liked early, blockbuster night pt 2 and sea legs
>>
they're not the greatest hip hop joint ever, but when it comes to actually good bangers in this era of miserable washed out trap shit, they fucking deliver
>>
They are the GOATS of the modern era. /mu/ is just full of contrarians that hate when other publications/websites like start praising an artist.
>>
I liked the 2 albums a lot but they don't have replay value. I mostly stuck to certain songs that I like to blast at a party here and there. I agree with you OP even though your a faggot.
>>
>>69823784
El-p's verses in crown are p good imo.
>>
when they try to sound tough or be badass it does come across rather goofy
>>
File: raw.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>69824692
>They are the GOATS of the modern era.
>>
File: kk.jpg (13KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
13KB, 208x199px
>>69824692

>GOAT
>of the modern era
>>
Don't think they're overrated at all and they're probably my current favorite rap group. Seeing them in February for the second time and I'm really excited. Sorry /mu/
>>
I'm not the biggest fan on RTJ but fuck me they put on a good show.
>>
>>69823605
Company Flow and even solo El-P was much better.
>>
>>69823605
>rap groups with entirely white fan bases that make songs for gears or war and remix their albums to be nothing but cat sounds

Holy shit, no thanks
>>
>>69824663
>miserable washed out trap shit
The artists you're describing are making music that is absolutely leagues better than Run the Jewels
>>
>>69825081
>>69824964
Glad you guys agree :^)
>>
File: correct.gif (4KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
correct.gif
4KB, 660x440px
>>69825784

https://youtu.be/VH0N2IkOxXg

https://youtu.be/4Yjhpp22ygs

https://youtu.be/F3dsB5gde24
>>
El-P is GOAT and every hip-hop fan knows that. RTJ is just a goofy side project. RTJ1 is great but RTJ2 was pretty lackluster, and RTJ3 is shaping up to be even worse.

I think both rappers are past their prime but El-P has a massive legacy behind him.
>>
The entire Brooklyn/Flatbush rap scene is overrated. It's too polished and inoffensive no matter how many curse words the lyrics have. RTJ is just the one that people know about.
>>
>>69825256
>>69825295
Are they really that good live?

They'll be in Atlanta soon. Not many opportunities to see anything living in Alabama.
>>
>>69826856
No. I saw them in Denver and they did both of their albums in full plus more. It was like a two hour set, it was fucking horrible.
>>
>>69825969
in what sense(s)? Like, complexity, lyrics, sound, etc ? Not, not "yes to all," but in which ones and why?
>>
>>69823605
They're decent. Only people who find mayonnaise spicy are triggered by em.
>>
>>69823605
They are literally the worst rap group I can think of. Bad lyrics, bad production, bad beats, bad performers, bad fan base, bad gimmicky album remixes, bad promotion, etc. RTJ is music aimed at the most absolutely bland, boring, and stereotypical white 16 year olds who live in the suburbs. I would go as far as saying that almost every rap or hip hop album/mixtape I heard this year is better than anything RTJ has and will ever put out.
>>
>>69823675
t. triggered backpacker nu-male
>>
>>69823605
I think they're rated exactly as good as they are. The only ones overhyping them are /mu/ and fagtano, and since those are the only sources of news for your little NEET ass you perceive that as being the entire world
>>
>>69827985
RTJ2 was probably the highest rated rap album of 2014 despite being mediocre as fuck. They are most certainly overrated.
>>
>>69823605
They are hit or miss. Sometimes the beats are awesome, sometimes they are boring. Sometimes the raps are awesome, sometimes they are retarded.
>>
>>69826348
How is RTJ so shit when El-P himself has produced such good work?
>>
>>69823605
The first album's not bad. Both rappers' flow is consistently on point, and the production has this weird feel where it's got that boom bap minimalism to it while still having more modern aspects to it.

RTJ2 is where it all went wrong. Every aspect of their music and their persona went on to become more trendy whether it's the simpler flows, the goofier lyrics, the more mainstream thus less unique sounding production, the way they now approach their persona, etc.

I have no clue how two guys who are so well respected in the hip hop industry for their independent approach towards the music (even mainstream guys have namedropped Mike like Kanye and Kendrick) would do a complete 180 and instead try to be more trendy.
>>
I think that they range from being great to a little below average, but I'm still really excited to see them live in about a month. Mike Watt's project is opening the show so I'm pretty excited for that too.
>>
xd
>>
And now for the greatest verse of all time! Me, Killer Mike, The Musical Genius, shall rap over the sound of 10000 penises ejaculating at once!
>*SPLURT*
Oh no! It's too much jizz! I can't handle it! Noohhjjgfhfkgjhfjgkjjhkfgjkh
>>
They were fire as hell when they started, RTJ2 was eh, I'm not too sure bout the newest album coming out.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.