[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>'It's such beauty in black people, and it really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5

File: asatt.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
asatt.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>'It's such beauty in black people, and it really saddens me when we're not allowed to express that pride in being black, and that if you do, then it's considered anti-white. No! You just pro-black. And that's okay. The two don't go together. Because you celebrate black culture does not mean that you don't like white culture or that you putting it down. It's just taking pride in it, but what's irritating is when somebody says, you know, "They're racist!", "That's reverse racism!" or, "They have a Black History Month, but we don't have a White History Month!"'

>'Well, all we've ever been taught is white history. So, why are you mad at that? Why does that make you angry? That is to suppress me and to make me not be proud.'
>>
>>69822691
She's not wrong
>>
>'It's such beauty in white people, and it really saddens me when we're not allowed to express that pride in being white, and that if you do, then it's considered anti-black. No! You're just pro-white. And that's okay. The two don't go together. Because you celebrate white culture does not mean that you don't like black culture or that you're putting it down. It's just taking pride in it, but what's irritating is when somebody says, you know, "They're racist!" or "That's racism!""
>>
>>69822691
did anyone else think she was a manat first? I'm still not convinced.
>>
she has a point.
>>
>>69822691
the hipocrasy is astounding

i've never seen someone get mad at a black person for being proud to be black, but when white people are proud to be white people go insane
>>
It's like she's...some kind of..blk girl soldier

https://youtu.be/asVhafDASjo
>>
>Its another white people feeling insecure about black people thread
>>
She's right except there's like seven different white history months
>>
>>69822791
it's because it's not necessary since our society was created for and to perpetuate white culture.

Does evening the playing field scare you?
>>
>>69822834
>society made up primarily of whites has a primarily white culture
Jeez, I wonder why that could be
>>
I agree. Pitchfork have been shilling anti-white, status quo bullcrap for far too long.
I'm a part of the so-called "alt right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.
We need music publications that promote punk alt-right music and not this anti-white nonsense.
>>
>>69822791
But Bill Burr is proud to be white and that guy is the G
>>
File: 1482011894315.gif (4MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1482011894315.gif
4MB, 359x202px
>>69822691
do you think she'd say the same for being pro white? that it doesn't mean that you're anti-black?
probably not
>>
File: titus.jpg (18KB, 371x371px) Image search: [Google]
titus.jpg
18KB, 371x371px
>>69822867
>I'm a part of the so-called "alt right" and it feels punk as fuck.
>>
>>69822895
This. I can't believe the hypocrisy. We need to put blacks in their place. There is nothing wrong withing showing pride in the white race when its clearly superior.
>>
File: 1477331657645.jpg (38KB, 304x305px) Image search: [Google]
1477331657645.jpg
38KB, 304x305px
>>69822924
>eating the pasta
>>
Fuck black people destroying our culture. We need to take back our country from the nu-males running it into the ground.
>>
>>69822720
>>69822757
She would have a point if she wasn't completely misrepresenting the facts. And proving herself hypocritical at the end.

>It's such beauty in black people, and it really saddens me when we're not allowed to express that pride in being black, and that if you do, then it's considered anti-white.

Not true. White people don't care if black people express pride in being black, because white people also (secretly) have pride in being white, and they respect pride in one's own race.

>No! You just pro-black.

If you're just pro-black, whites don't really give a fuck.

>Because you celebrate black culture does not mean that you don't like white culture or that you putting it down.

This is absolutely correct but it's not the issue white people have.

>It's just taking pride in it, but what's irritating is when somebody says, you know, "They're racist!", "That's reverse racism!" or, "They have a Black History Month, but we don't have a White History Month!"

That's because when black people show "pride", they're always shitting on whites and complaining and purposely excluding whites and trying to make them feel guilty. Oh and let's not forgot how hypocritical she is here by ignoring the fact that she'd be furious if white people showed pride (without shitting on blacks).

>Well, all we've ever been taught is white history. So, why are you mad at that? Why does that make you angry? That is to suppress me and to make me not be proud.

She shows her non-benign (as she would have you believe earlier) true colors and hypocrisy without holding back here, and totally destroys her previous argument: "It's okay to suppress you because you're white, but you can't do that to us because we're black."

Gee I wonder why double standards upset some people?
>>
pitchfork are such c*cks. I wonder how many black d*cks they sucked why writing off all the talented musicians to put these gorillas on a pedal stool.
>>
>>69822834

it's

it's white culture

you can tell because there's an awful lot of white people in it
>>
>>69822691
Im proud of black people using my white technology to express themself. :)
You are welcome, negroes.
>>
>>69822691
There is nothing wrong with what she has said.
>>
White culturs is actually black culture and black inventions the where made on black slaves backs

#blacksbuiltamerica
>>
>>69822988
WE
>>
>>69822834
>our society was created for and to perpetuate the white culture

in what ways?
>>
>>69822978
black people should stop pretending they have any claim to our culture.
>>
>>69822791
>but when white people are proud to be white people go insane
Eh no one really cares when people have, say, "Irish pride" (we have a gigantic holiday around that after all), "Scottish pride," "German pride," etc. We have huge festivals around all of those celebrating those cultures, no one cares. "White pride" just has a different implication because it was the motto of white supremacists for so long.
>>
>>69823002
The founding fathers were all white you fucking cuck. There isn't anything about doing the nay nay or drinking purple drank in the constitution.
>>
>>69823021
None of them are actually celebrating being white though. Its taboo to imply maybe we are from the superior race even though we invented the entire modern world ourselves.
>>
>>69823021
then why is it black pride instead of african pride?
>>
>>69822983
see
>>69822960
>>
>>69823021

>noone really cares when people say "german pride"

wew you must have missed some part of history
>>
>>69822691

I kinda agree, but culture has no color
>>
>>69823043
Because Africa isn't a country, and most black folks have zero connection to whatever country their ancestors were from.
>>
>>69823057
And yet we have large-scale Oktoberfest festivals and German heritage festivals every year in every city in the US.
>>
>>69823067
and most white folks in america have 0 connection to the country their ancestors came from so whats your point?
>>
>>69823043
Most blacks in first world countries can't trace their heritage so they go broad.
>>
>>69823057
only german liberals care about german people showing german pride
>>
I love this album because it makes everyone so mad
>>
>>69823040
It's celebrating heritage either way. If white supremacists didn't fuck up having "white pride" for everyone else then no one would care. Because of its history, "white pride" is seen as implying something else (supremacy). Like how the swastika and was an innocuous symbol but now has a different meaning. Literally no one will give you shit for being proud to be Scottish or English or Irish or French or whatever and celebrating that.
>>
>>69823090
their heritage is from africa faggot
>>
>>69823134

what part faggot
>>
>>69822834
We live in a free capitalistic democracy
Good luck my BROTHA
>>
>>69823152
do you want the specific town? why is africa not good enough for you?
>>
>>69823043
This.

You can't have 'black' pride because Ethiopians are not Kenyans. The Zulu hate the Sudanese.

If white pride is racist because "there's no such thing as being white", then so is black pride.
>>
>>69823080
I mean zero connection as in they don't even know what country.
>>
>>69823190
>>69823090
>>
>>69823198
well its obviously african so why do they go straight to racial pride instead of african pride?
>>
Why must liberals continue to divide us ;-;
>>
>>69823187
>Moscow, Hong Kong, and Ulan-bataar are the same
That's what you're saying. Africa is huge, Cairo doesn't share much with Cape Town.
>>
>>69822960

>White people don't care if black people express pride in being black

someone's never been to /pol/ lmao
>>
>>69823258
jist like how nyc and the midwest have nothing in common but we still call ourselves americans
>>
>>69823251
because if they dont have any poor black victims to say they want to help then they have no purpose
>>
Why do I have an overwhelming urge to throw citrus fruit at her?
>>
>>69822791
>i've never seen someone get mad at a black person for being proud to be black
visit any thread about solange or black music

>when white people are proud to be white people go insane
white people are visible everywhere, and get praised all the time. it's so ubiquitous that making a concerted effort to praise white people is pointless and stupid.

if you have a problem you should take it up with the minority of white people, who've spent their lives making sure white pride is synonymous with white power and white nationalism
>>
>>69823550
>what people say on 4chan is how they feel in real life
lol

and yeah im not defending white supremacy but doesnt your point of white people being praised everyday make it easier to be proud to be white? yet we're still supposed to feel guilty about being white? i dont get it
>>
>>69823550
>visit any thread about solange or black music
That's because Solange does a whole lot of whining about white people. Same with most critically acclaimed modern "black music", which can all be summed up as "down with whitey"
>>
>>69823550

>white people are visible everywhere

you mean everywhere in majority white countries?
>>
>>69823550
>proud to be black
t. "BLACKS ARE BETTER THAN WHITES, WHITES ARE RACISTS, DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR, STOP APPROPRIATING, WHITES SUCK, THIS PLACE WAS GREAT UNTIL WHITES SHOWED UP"
>>
>>69823550
>if you have a problem you should take it up with the minority of white people, who've spent their lives making sure white pride is synonymous with white power and white nationalism
You mean the mainstream media?
>>
>>69823624
>a whole lot of whining about white people
be specific

>>69823638
of course, like the country solange is from and based in, and presumably the thread is about

>>69823698
if she said anything remotely like this, you'd be able to quote it directly instead of making up a shitty unfunny strawman
>>
>>69823724
you didnt make a single point in this entire 3 reply post
>>
>>69823775
can you read? I made one point and asked two other people to expand on their own
>>
>>69823724
>be specific
>if she said anything remotely like this, you'd be able to quote it directly instead of making up a shitty unfunny strawman

OK:

>Song #9 title: "Don't Touch My Hair"
>This used to be ours; This used to be you and I's; What used to be mine; Say your goodbyes
>When a nigga tryna board the plane; And they ask you, "What's your name again?"; Cause they thinking, "Yeah, you're all the same."; Oh, it's for us
>It's all for us baby; Nobody else, baby; All for us baby
>When you driving in your tinted car; And you're criminal, just who you are
>But what you gonna do; When they saw all your moves and practiced em daily?; Protect your neck, or give invitations?
>Your world is kind; But your world ain't blind
>Now, we come here as slaves, but we going out as royalty, and able to show that we are truly the chosen ones
>Well, all we've ever been taught is white history. So, why are you mad at that? Why does that make you angry? That is to suppress me and to make me not be proud
>If this white man offer me a million dollars I gotta be worth forty, or fifty... Or ten or something."
>Don't let, don't let, don't let anybody steal your magic, yeah
>You know, I mean, they got more drugs in the rich neighborhoods than they got in the hood. A lot of their kids dying from overdose and things like that, think about it. Black kids have to figure it out! We don't have rehabs to go to. You gotta rehab yourself.

Satisfied yet?
>>
>>69823954
I don't even like her but where the fuck did you get any superiority shit from that?
>>
>>69823954
>down with whitey
>BLACKS ARE BETTER THAN WHITES
>WHITES ARE [all] RACISTS
>WHITES SUCK
>THIS PLACE WAS GREAT UNTIL WHITES SHOWED UP
can't see any of these
>>
>>69823073
doesn't count. its a beer drinking festival. They'd kick you out for saying heil or praising the white race.
>>
>>69822691
>we're not allowed to express that pride in being black

give me a fucking break what world does she live in?
>>
>>69824095
Well, you've never been to Oktoberfest, that's immediately apparent.
>>
>>69823118
>Literally no one will give you shit for being proud to be Scottish or English or

ER... Hang on a minute. I take it you're not from the UK?
>>
>>69823989
>>69824064
If you actually paid attention to the album, you'd realize that despite being a solid 8/10, there is a LOT of bitching about whites.

t. "You're not allowed to think my hair is cool and want to touch it, because you're white, and that automatically makes it a racist oppressive act."

>This used to be ours; This used to be you and I's; What used to be mine; Say your goodbyes
t. "This used to be black peoples'; What used to be mine; Say your goodbyes [thanks to white people taking over it]"

>When a nigga tryna board the plane; And they ask you, "What's your name again?"; Cause they thinking, "Yeah, you're all the same."; Oh, it's for us
t. "They forgot my name because they're white (aka racist) and I'm black, not because my name is unusual and most haven't ever heard it before"

>It's all for us baby; Nobody else, baby; All for us baby
t. "This is all only for black people. Not whites, baby. Just us blacks."

>When you driving in your tinted car; And you're criminal, just who you are
t. "I should be able to tint all my windows and not be pulled over, even though it's usually illegal, and even though most people who do it (black or white) are more likely than the general population to engage in other illegal activities - and if you pull me over and ask for my license and registration, that's because you're a racist white cop oppressing me"

>But what you gonna do; When they saw all your moves and practiced em daily?; Protect your neck, or give invitations?
t. "Stop letting white people appropriate black culture"

>Your world is kind; But your world ain't blind
t. "The world is super racist and hates you just cause you're black."

>Now, we come here as slaves, but we going out as royalty, and able to show that we are truly the chosen ones
t. "Blacks are the chosen ones, not whites."

(1/2)
>>
>>69824323
I'm not gonna read the rest, because I can tell the rest is gonna be reaching like your first point.
I'm white, and have had people putting their nasty fingers on my hair my whole life.
It is fucking annoying, and a good way to get punched.
>>
>>69823989
>>69824064
>>69824323
(2/3)

>Well, all we've ever been taught is white history. So, why are you mad at that? Why does that make you angry? That is to suppress me and to make me not be proud
t. "The fact that you're upset about a double standard means you're suppressing me and are racist. We are allowed to have a black history month but you're not allowed to have a white history month because you've had enough white history."

>If this white man offer me a million dollars I gotta be worth forty, or fifty... Or ten or something."
t. "All white men are evil rich men who want to screw over young black males."

t. "Don't let white people appropriate our culture. They are not allowed to do ANYTHING we do, because they're white. (Meanwhile it's okay if we appropriate theirs. ;^)"

>You know, I mean, they got more drugs in the rich neighborhoods than they got in the hood. A lot of their kids dying from overdose and things like that, think about it. Black kids have to figure it out! We don't have rehabs to go to. You gotta rehab yourself.
t. "All white people are rich; don't feel sorry for them. Only black kids have it tough and can't afford rehab."
>>
Wew lad.
Mr. Fantastic and Stretch Armstrong holding hands couldn't reach far enough to get to 'muh appropriation' on nearly every point.
>>
>>69824356
I'm sure it is, but in the context of this album, Solange is clearly pissed about it because she's black and they're white, and it's not simply because "wow your hair is different, that's neat, can I feel it?"

e.g., everything white people do is automatically racist
>>
>>69823989
>>69824064
not that guy but lrn2 reading comprehension:

"BLACKS ARE BETTER THAN WHITES"

"WHITES ARE RACISTS"
>When a nigga tryna board the plane; And they ask you, "What's your name again?"; Cause they thinking, "Yeah, you're all the same

"DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR"

"STOP APPROPRIATING"
>But what you gonna do; When they saw all your moves and practiced em daily?

"WHITES SUCK, THIS PLACE WAS GREAT UNTIL WHITES SHOWED UP"
This is covered by "STOP APPROPRIATING" and is the general import of all that above

I mean, come on. Even if you're black, I don't see how you couldn't find this shit tiresome
>>
>>69824323
>>Now, we come here as slaves, but we going out as royalty, and able to show that we are truly the chosen ones

blegh, is that real? thats so retardedly arrogant, but what do you expect
>>
>>69824380
Look up the lyrics on Genius, all the members there are huge Solange fans and the most upvoted explanations for her lyrics all have to do with "white man bad, black man perfect" and cultural appropriation

If you knew even a little about her, and actually listened to the album, you'd know it's not reaching at all.

She even tried to explain away getting hit with fruit while her entire family stood in front of people at a concert while they were trying to watch as "racism" and "that's OUR music not yours" etc
>>
>>69824323
>>69824364
at the risk of repeating myself, I still haven't seen:
>down with whitey
>WHITES ARE [all] RACISTS
>WHITES SUCK
>THIS PLACE WAS GREAT UNTIL WHITES SHOWED UP

your translations (that's not what "t." means by the way) are almost all exaggerations, not least because you think they're referring to "all" white people when in most cases white people aren't even mentioned explicitly, never mind all of them

>>69824390
>"BLACKS ARE BETTER THAN WHITES"
fair

>"WHITES ARE RACISTS"
she never referred to all white people. if you mean she said some white people are racist, sure, but I don't see why that'd be something to take issue with

>"DON'T TOUCH MY HAIR"
>"STOP APPROPRIATING"
I didn't quote these

>"WHITES SUCK, THIS PLACE WAS GREAT UNTIL WHITES SHOWED UP"
this wasn't ever said
>>
>>69824391
Yes, although that particular line is spoken by someone else in one of the interludes
>>
>>69824423
most people don't get hit with fruit, they get asked politely to move.
>>
>>69824436
If you haven't seen it, you're deaf and blind. It's the general theme of the entire album. She's not explicitly saying it (because she knows she can't get away with it) but it's strongly implied and it's clear what is meant.

>when in most cases white people aren't even mentioned explicitly, never mind all of them
Wrong
>>
File: sw.png (264KB, 464x352px) Image search: [Google]
sw.png
264KB, 464x352px
>>69824463
Unless you're at a koombyah concert or a concert for old people, most people aren't polite when you're doing something they don't like, and are assholes about it. Especially when they ask politely at first but you ignore them and continue to block their view

Not that getting hit with fruit isn't wrong, but it's not automatically "racism", and even if one of the people used racist terms, which is also wrong, that doesn't mean racism either, people always just look for the easiest way to insult people and for blacks it's their race
>>
>>69824539
if you don't want to see it as racism, that's fine. but for the record she didn't refer to it as racism either, so I'm not entirely sure what your point is
>>
>>69824714
>but for the record she didn't refer to it as racism either
but she did tho
>>
>>69824828
"I never called these woman racists, but people continually put those words in your mouth. What I did indeed say is 'This is why many black people are uncomfortable being in predominately white spaces' and I still stand true to that."
>>
>>69825025
"lol I'm not saying they're racist but... [brings up the issue of race] xD"
>>
>>69822691
So by that logic being pro-white isnt racist?
>>
>>69825118
It's not that being pro-white makes you racist.
It's just that the loud majority of pro-white people are, ya know.
Racist.
>>
>>69824391
> we going out as royalty
WE
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.