[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Charlie Parker, /mu/? Don't hear people discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Charlie Parker.jpg (119KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Charlie Parker.jpg
119KB, 1200x1200px
Thoughts on Charlie Parker, /mu/? Don't hear people discuss this virtuoso jazz legend a lot.
>>
Whiplash
>>
He's great, I own three of his comp records
>>
heroin hero
>>
The prophet of modern jazz. What is there to discuss?

>>69822131
Just for the record - the story told about him in that movie is bullshit.
>>
Quick question on him if any of you know, most of the masters (non-other-Session stuff) of ALL his music are on The Complete Verve Master Takes and The Complete Savoy And Dial Master Takes, right?

>>69822131
>>69822889
The movie in general is bullshit when it comes to actual music, forget just that story. Maybe it would've made more sense if the whole shtick wasn't supposed to be about the "best conservatory out there with the best bandleader/band in the world".
>>
>>69823280
As far as I'm aware, all of the master takes of studio singles/albums released in his name (plus a couple more, like Miles Davis' first session) should be in those two boxes. There's fucking hundreds of bootlegs out there of things like the Royal Roost recordings though, and that's spreadout all over the place.

There are a few sessions where he was a sideman that would be missing from that - off the top of my head the only ones I can think of are the pre-Savoy stuff with Jay McShann's Orchestra, but there's almost certainly more.
>>
>>69823651
Although come to think of it I think some of the early dates with Dizzy Gillespie might not be in the Savoy & Dial boxset (maybe depends which box set?), and they're absolute gold
>>
File: cover.jpg (43KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
43KB, 450x450px
>>69823651
>>69823731
It's this one.
>>
Gives the opening melody then he may as well be playing anything really
>>
>>69825183
Yeah it looks like it's missing some of the early Diz material, though that's less than I thought actually, only 1 session I think.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.