[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Noodle on guitar >Put pretentious titles for songs >Heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (676KB, 2883x1984px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
676KB, 2883x1984px
>Noodle on guitar
>Put pretentious titles for songs
>Heard it once you've heard it all: the artist
Why do people like him again?
>>
File: 1476557283534.jpg (87KB, 882x640px) Image search: [Google]
1476557283534.jpg
87KB, 882x640px
u couldve used less effort and just said "im a pleb"
>>
Bc he made good music mostly
>>
>>69809020
B8
>>
>>69809643
This of course isn't a threat, I just have very powerful friends and would end your life without feeling a thing
>>
>>69808878
His tape stuff is sort of pretentious, but the bulk of his stuff is incredibly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nby7DoM8rE

>inb4 naming an album after a T.S. Eliot poem is pretentious
>>
>>69809976
If you think that's his best album you're a hopeless scaruffi drone
>>
>image.jpg
Hello phone poster
>>
>>69808878
I liked his early stuff but after 1965ish I lost interest in a lot of his stuff, he didn't do experimentation very well and others took up the American Primitivism torch and did it better

I'd much rather listen to Falconer's Arm than so much of that John Fahey stuff that gets overly praised like America or Fare Forward Voyagers
>>
>>69809931
This is b8 guys, nobody's this retarded
>>
>>69810285
His best album is probably Red Cross
>>
>>69810452
Oh yeah if that was bait why are there swat vans surrounding my house my parents house*
>>
>>69808878
most underrated fahey coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lO7e9pG7qQ
>>
>>69810813
Live in Tasmania is also very underrated
>>
>>69808878
He's like a post-modern archive for roots american music. It's no surprise that he was a very knowledgable guy when it came to folk musics (he was a record collector and studied the subject at college), but there was something truly magical about the way he adapted the spirit and feel of folk for his own free-flowing, improvisational aesthetic. He was one of the first people to turn the steel-stringed guitar into a solo concert instrument, and his sense of dissonance is like nothing I've ever heard.
>>
>>69810834
it definitely has some of his best renditions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-6IQui7Lp8
>>
>>69811037
It has the most intense rendition of Red Pony that I know of, and his banter with the audience is fun too.
>>
>>69811083
yeah fahey had the best sense of humor of any musician I know of
especially some of the liner notes
>>
>>69809931
Wtf don't kill me.
>>
>>69811413
Sorry man, i misfired there
I don't have friends and would definitely feel bad if i killed you, that would infringe on your sense of freedom of expression
>>
>>69811631
misfire again and i'll fucking end you
>>
>>69811631
Ok fine
>>
>>69808878
This
>oh I can't sing for shit I'll just fuck around with my guitar and sell it to poseurs
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.