[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In 1976, speaking as The Thin White Duke, Bowie's persona

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: 14268489489441.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
14268489489441.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>In 1976, speaking as The Thin White Duke, Bowie's persona at the time, and "at least partially tongue-in-cheek", he made statements that expressed support for fascism and perceived admiration for Adolf Hitler in interviews with Playboy, NME and a Swedish publication. Bowie was quoted as saying: "Britain is ready for a fascist leader... I think Britain could benefit from a fascist leader. After all, fascism is really nationalism... I believe very strongly in fascism, people have always responded with greater efficiency under a regimental leadership." He was also quoted as saying: "Adolf Hitler was one of the first rock stars" and "You've got to have an extreme right front come up and sweep everything off its feet and tidy everything up. Bowie later retracted these comments in an interview with Melody Maker in October 1977, blaming them on mental instability caused by his drug problems at the time, saying: "I was out of my mind, totally, completely crazed."

What did he mean by this?
>>
hes such a fucking hack

im glad hes dead
>>
He was addicted to cocaine yo
>>
>>69791696
he was fucked on coke 24/7 either way he's still based
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (118KB, 1155x722px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
118KB, 1155x722px
>>69791717
edgy
>>
File: Adolf-Hitler-Car.png (152KB, 587x387px) Image search: [Google]
Adolf-Hitler-Car.png
152KB, 587x387px
>Adolf Hitler was one of the first rock stars
he's not wrong
>>
>>69791696
So Kanye is basically ripping off Bowie for the n-teenth time
>>
he was high
>>
He didn't say anything that should be controversial, but of course he had to be on drugs to say it because it is, in fact, controversial.
>>
File: clapton.jpg (65KB, 800x643px) Image search: [Google]
clapton.jpg
65KB, 800x643px
>On 5 August 1976, Clapton provoked an uproar and lingering controversy when he spoke out against increasing immigration during a concert in Birmingham. Visibly intoxicated, Clapton voiced his support of controversial political candidate Enoch Powell, and announced on stage that Britain was in danger of becoming a "black colony". Among other things, Clapton said "Keep Britain white!"[151] which was at the time a National Front (NF) slogan.

>>
>>69791696
>>
File: o.jpg (46KB, 403x409px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
46KB, 403x409px
>tfw Bowie was all aesthetics and the fascists had the best aesthetics

Gotta make way for the homo superior
>>
File: pepe bowie 2.png (98KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
pepe bowie 2.png
98KB, 500x505px
>tfw bowie is no longer alive to revive the thin white duke character as a satire of post-brexit european populism
>>
>>69791975
Getting out of the EU was a good call. You wuz dooks and shit, bruv!
>>
File: mick-jagger-and-azealia-banks.jpg (51KB, 480x704px) Image search: [Google]
mick-jagger-and-azealia-banks.jpg
51KB, 480x704px
>>69791696
>>
>>69791934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_k55hlfcdI

"nazi" salute at 8 seconds
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.