[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you thought you had an almost perfect taste in music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: ccb.jpg (54KB, 354x336px) Image search: [Google]
ccb.jpg
54KB, 354x336px
>tfw you thought you had an almost perfect taste in music and being told this by all your friends then you dicover /mu/ and find out you're a total pleb
>>
>tfw you thought you are a pleb, but then you discover /mu/ and realize what passes for patrician is far plebbier than your taste
>>
>>69790691
>Lol geez anon! How do you find such deep music like Tame Impala and 21 Pilots? You're music taste is perfect!
>>
>>69790724
This feel.

And somehow, I still am more patrician than most everyone I know.

>inb4
>>
>>69790691
I'm pretty convinced I have the best music tastes out of anyone I actually know
Anonymous strangers on the internet do not shape my tastes, and they shouldn't shape yours
>>
>>69791593
lolwut no

Some of my favorite albums have been recommended to me by anonymous strangers
>>
>>69791653
Exactly, /mu/ is shit but i got some great recs from here. Thank you fucks
>>
>tfw you thought you had an almost perfect taste in music and being told this by /mu/, Fantano, and P4K, then you discover Real People and find out you're a total pleb

Listen, real people only listen to 3 artists: Dylan, Floyd, and Hendrix. Unlike your indie artists, you instantly appreciate these guys and don't need to listen to them 100x and listen to 100 "reviewers" to reinforce that it's good (which occurs with ALL music - even radio pop).
>>
>>69792100
>getting your taste from spoonfeeding
>>
>>69792174
spoonfeeding? bullshit.

how the fuck do you prefer people find music? there's nothing wrong with recommendations.

>i only listen to artists selected for me through random number generators
>>
>>69792174
Nothing wrong with spoon feeding.
Fuck this website but I still love you faggots for teaching me so much and patricianizing me.
>>
I feel like most people come here thinking that but never don't think that... This place has really gone down the shitter when people Unironically praise Linkin Park
>>
>>69792863
>>69794296
what music did you discovered on /mu/ thanks to those anons
>>
>>69792488
Read a book.
>>
>>69794416
literally the lowest form of spoonfeeding

oh the irony
>>
>>69794443
That doesn't even make sense. Asking "give me bands that sound like 'x'" is much lazier than picking up a text which follows the development of a band or scene and explains the connections between the sound and ethos of many different bands. You also learn a lot more by reading the book.
>>
File: a4289640009_10.jpg (369KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
a4289640009_10.jpg
369KB, 945x945px
>>69794395
I discovered Slamming Brutal Death Metal
>>
>>69794486
>That doesn't even make sense.
yes it does you literal pleb

what do you want me to now spoonfeed you on how it does

sorry I've got actual work to do finding music which doesnt involve someone literally doing it for me and then literally publishing their findings

I want plebs to leave
>>
>>69792167
sure, grandad
>>
/mu/ have fucking terrible taste though and that's not some running self-depreciation joke either. normal plebs have it right with finding music with their own efforts and not relying on a private zeitgeist. there are subcommunities on /mu/ with some real pertinent nerds but this board and its culture harbors a mindset and collective probably more boring than what your neighbor's found for himself
>>
>>69794536
Pretending to be dumb doesn't excuse you for saying something dumb.
>>
File: 1482084764526.jpg (105KB, 450x530px) Image search: [Google]
1482084764526.jpg
105KB, 450x530px
>>69790691
>tfw you realize nobody on /mu/ gives a shit about pleb or patrician music and its all just a giant hipster meme
>>
>>69794592
not gonna work pleb

I'm still not spoon feeding you
>>
>>69794633
>things plebs say
>>
>>69790691
>tfw you know you're a pleb and you never needed anyone to actually say it so /mu/ tries to save you
>>
>>69794822
me_irl
>>
>>69794395
Literally everything.
I used to listen to Barenaked Ladies.
>>
>>69790691
>tfw you thought you had a good taste in cars then you discover /o/ and find out you're a pleb because you don't drive a riced out 15 year old piece of shit
Stop forming your opinions based on a forum for autistic teenagers.
>>
>Seeing your music taste as a competition
>Being this stuck in 6th grade

Holy hell.
>>
>>69796571
>implying 6th graders don't rule
get a load of this cuckmeister
>>
>>69790691
this is literally how montie started out here, no joke
>>
>>69794416
kek
>>
If you aren't mostly listening to classical music, you're a pleb
>>
File: putin.jpg (7KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
putin.jpg
7KB, 251x201px
This fucking thread. This fucking board.
>>
>>69794486
Who's saying people are asking 'give me a band that sounds like'?
>>
This happened to me.
When I found /mu/ I felt shocked by the level of derision that /mu/ showed towards my favourite genres and artists. I had to go through a month long period of reevaluating why I listened to music and get over my own childish inhibitions before I began listening to music again.
I mean, when you consider that some of those were as stupid as refusing to listen to any music with female vocals, without electric guitars, emotional introversion, etc, it was probably for the better. Honestly I'm glad that I found /mu/ when I did.
>>
>>69792167
>you instantly appreciate these guys

I can guarantee you this is false for well over half the human population
>>
>>69792174
Thats not spoonfeeding. Spoonfeeding is asking for factual information that you could easily find yourself, and sure you could find albums similar to what you enjoy by looking at lastfm or some shit, but another human will almost always be better able to give more apt recommendations. It's discussing music, if you think that's spoonfeeding you don't belong here.
>>
>>69794751
Oh yes, very convincing
>>
>>69797717
This
I don't care for Dylan or Hendrix at all.
Also anyone who values music reviewers above their own tastes are cucks.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.