[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a friend who's about to drop $300 on a pair of Beats,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: beats-by-dre.jpg (146KB, 1461x1500px) Image search: [Google]
beats-by-dre.jpg
146KB, 1461x1500px
I have a friend who's about to drop $300 on a pair of Beats, and I'm trying to save her; I know they're overpriced trash, but I'm not well-versed enough to tell them what they should get instead. Can anyone give me a quick recommendation? She listens to mostly rap, btw
>>
I don't understand people who buy expensive headphones just to listen to rap
>>
>>69767420
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRV6-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ

tell her to read the reviews
>>
>>69767452
I dunno man, people like what they like, I suppose
>>
Audio Technica ATH m50x

They are a meme but they are like that for a reason. Excellent cans and used by professional musicians all the time. I can't count how many times I have seen a live video or picture of an artist performing wearing these. I think RDJ was wearing a pair at Day For Night. Bon Iver wore them while playing live at the Sydney Opera House and I have seen Panda Bear using them too.
>>
Let Her Buy The Headphones She Wants
>>
>>69767461
>>69767507
Niggas if she's about to buy some Beats the girl won't appreciate these cans, just recommend some nigger-bass stuff
>>
If she's dumb enough to buy them then she obviously doesn't care enough to do her research. 300 really isn't that much either.
>>
File: IMG_2395.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2395.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>TFW I'm actually a low life beats user
>>
>>69767420
Don't stop her?
Beats are an accessory, she will not find another pair of headphones that send the message she wants to send when she's wearing them. That message being "i like to listen to music, and i like to look good doing it."
A rolex isn't better at keeping track of time than any other watch, but it's worth what it's worth because it's seen as "jewelry" first.
She'll just get disappointed by better sounding headphones, people want to get woo'd when they listen to music, the bass and design will give her that. That's why there's a difference between consumer grade stuff, and professional stuff. A tool doesn't have to look good, just do it's job as good as possible.
>>
>>69767420
She obviously doesn't care about sound quality, she wants the b.
Recommending her anything but Beats might make you sound like a complete sperg anyway, so just let her do what she has to do.

If were talking bluetooth headphones, I'm using the August EP650s, but those are cheap as fuck, so probably not what she's looking for (even though they might still be better than any Beats phones)
>>
I bought a new pair of beats for 50, they're okay
>>
>>69767956
Rolexes do actually have more precision and workmanship in the design I'm pretty sure. More experienced craftsman, better materials etc.
It's the same as comparing $2000 speakers and $15000 speakers. The difference is almost negligible but worth it for those that care and pay attention.

Anyway she'll buy beats cause they're in fashion if she doesn't actually give a shit about headphones. I had this same conversation with a work mate though. Some people genuinely don't realise the quality is worth $100 odd and the brand makes it cost the extra $200-300.
If she doesn't care that much and just wants whatever's popular then leave it. If they might actually want something worth it just drop a few names.

>>69767722
tl;dr this
>>
>implying she gives a shit about sound quality

She's a normie. There's no point in trying to go full autist telling her about which headphones are objectively better.
>>
File: 1474300040868.jpg (11KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1474300040868.jpg
11KB, 210x240px
>>69767420
>$300

If she's willing to cash out that much, just tell her to get Fidelio X2s with an amp

If she wants closed, just get Beyerdynamic DT770s. Or DT990s

All those headphones will offer bass if she really wants it. If not, get HD600s

For Bluetooth, I guess Beats Solo 2s are fine. Shouldn't really be buying wireless though. If she wants headphones purely for look to wear in public. MSR7s are the best. M100s look nice, but not everyone likes it. You should wear IEMs in public anyways
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.