[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys feel like we had more musical diversity in the 90s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (608KB, 1232x1600px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
608KB, 1232x1600px
Do you guys feel like we had more musical diversity in the 90s ? Remember how many styles of music there was back then? It would influence how you dressed, how you spoke, who you hung out with.
Seems like today the music industry has been consolidated in a few genres made for everyone.
Have any of you guys reflected on this? If so, what was your conclusion?
>>
>>69750300
Try actually listening to modern music you retard, I don't know where the fuck you're getting this shit from
>>
>>69750333
why are you mad?
>>
Because rock is dead
>>
>>69750341
Because you're insanely ignorant and I hate shit like that
>>
Turn off the radio and go to a modern record store. Music has never been more diverse than it is today.
>>
>>69750360
I think you can safely classify 90s music as modern. so not sure where you're getting that shit from either. You would know what I mean if you were around during that time
>>
>>69750375
Holy shit lmao yeah I know you were born in 1998 but honestly >>69750371
If you're just judging this all by shit you're hearing casually in passing then yeah you're missing a lot
>>
>>69750414
Sorry I triggered you. feel free to fuck off
>>
>>69750430
And keep wallowing in your ignorance idc dude
>>
>>69750333
>listening to modern music
why would I want to give myself ear cancer?
>>
>>69750371
I mean yeah, you can go to a record store and find some New Guinean voodoo chant or mongolian throat signer, but it feels like we've lost the styles that go with it. people associated with different music varieties and it seems like it's not happening so much today.
>>
File: image.jpg (213KB, 996x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 996x1024px
>>69750481
>and it seems like it's not happening so much today
oh but it is. in the worst way imaginable
>>
>>69750354
RIP in peace
>>
All of these bands are dadrock shit.
>>
>>69750354
This

No serious record labels care about lads with guitars anymore when any old autotuned pretty girl can be marketed with no effort and earn millions.
>>
File: images.jpg (111KB, 1212x682px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
111KB, 1212x682px
>>69750354
>>69750571
>>69750623
>>
>>69750655
so this is what /mu/ is now lol. A shit whole full of idiot millennials and racists.
>>
>>69751317
I don't know, but this same conversation is much better and interesting on /b/, so I wouldn't be too cocky.
>>
>>69750603
Ministry is great you little faggot
>>
PSA: This question has been solved on /b/

Although it may seem like the place music takes in our life by way of defining our identity and social groups has faded away since the 90s, it was MTV all along who were amplifying and making more obvious this behaviour, however it still goes on today.

Just thought I'd give you chaps on update.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.