[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyone on /mu/ who has tripped to this album? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: WARPLP101_R_Packshot_800.jpg (123KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
WARPLP101_R_Packshot_800.jpg
123KB, 800x800px
Is there anyone on /mu/ who has tripped to this album? What's the best drug? I'm basically asking for a bad trip. I want to be transported back into a nightmarish 1969 with shadowy figures and cult members trying to pursue me while under constant paranoia. I also have one of those Philips hue bulbs that I can change to orange to make the trip more visual.
>>
I have not tripped but I've walked back home thinking it was the sound of hell
>>
>>69738721
I tripped a handful of times on this album. All great trips.

It's just a psychedelic, upbeat album with some small eerie parts. I don't find it dark at all.
>>
I've listened to it all in a particular frame of mind which was mostly positive going in so i was fine. I can imagine listening to this too early on might be a recipe for disaster.. might get you into the wrong head space maybe. When it comes to tripping The Campfire Headphase wins. So relaxing.
>>
>>69738982

I think it depends on how you perceive BoC's music as a whole. For me all their music is extremely melancholic and eerie. Also I don't get how you can call Geogaddi 'upbeat' even BoC themselves said that they had darker things in mind when making the album.
>>
Its darker, but also like with most BoC music it has that strong childhood nostalgic feeling. I so its more like the weird dramatic moments of you childhood that you disliked but looking back they weren't that serious at all. Like staying late and watching a weird scary movie or finding a bunch of strange bugs under a roc that you weren't sure were friendly or not. There are other parts that are more uplifting in that you have an unusual experience but grow up a little more coming out of it; something like Dawn Chorus which emotionally reminds me of the first time of staying up all night and seeing with my own eyes the world turn from day to night back to day, and seeing the cycle start anew. Odd feelings like that.
>>
>>69739049
They had that "occultist" phase back them, but I think they done it just to give their music a mysterious feel.
>>
>>69738721
If you want a bad trip, take a fuck ton of shrooms and let the nausea take over during the come-up. Then put on that album and enjoy your bad trip
>>
25I-NBOMe
>>
>>69738721
I've tripped to MHTRTC and it was great.
>>
>>69738721
take a bunch of dxm or dph. its in cough syrup and sleeping pills
>>
Bad Trips aren't exactly like that. Unless you have a ton of LSD, it's not gonna be visual like that. You're just gonna feel sick and not be able to focus on anything for more than 15 minutes. And if you really want a bad trip you wanna walk around places with a bunch of cops.
>>
If you want a bad trip you should try listening to replica.
>>
>>69740639
This. Bad trips generally come from anxiety from real life problems, amplified by the drug or anxiety from the inability to accept what is happening to your brain and being unable to just let go and go with the flow.
>>
>>69738721
If you are seeking to have a bad trip take about 24-32 benadryl. It contains DPH which is a deliriant, you will definitely trip. I actually enjoyed the stuff years ago, but don't push it too far. I took 40 at one time once.. 1000mgs of DPH is waaaayyyy more than I'd recommend to a first timer. But OP please take some, and post results. I guarantee you'll be off your rocker ;) wait until about an hour and a half in before you start the album though, it takes a while to kick in. Happy psychopathy adventures!
>>
>>69738721
>>69740541
If you're going for a sinister vibe I'd recommend NBOMe
>>
>>69740639
>>69740706
THIS.
Also, it all depens on your fear of having a bad trip. The more scared you are about it, the more chances you'll have in getting one.
>>
I had a bad trip listening to the Beach Boys, really depends on what happens when you're high/how you feel overall.
Thought I had gone insane and the nurses or whatever were just playing my favourite music to tide me by.
>>
>>69741734
Hahaha me too. Not a bad trip as such, but I listened to Pet Sounds on mushrooms and when it got to Sloop John B and heard the line "this is the worst trip I've ever been on" I read in to it a little bit too deeply and it totally changed my mood.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.