[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name female artists that are: 1. singers 2. songwriters 3. producers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: 14769941118180.jpg (76KB, 438x497px) Image search: [Google]
14769941118180.jpg
76KB, 438x497px
Name female artists that are:
1. singers
2. songwriters
3. producers
4. sound engineers
5. live performers

All of them are required, no exceptions.
>>
how about mixing? not so fast
>>
kate bush

grimes sucks btw
>>
Grouper
>>
>>69730202
Oh for fuck sakes.

Bjork.

Whether 'Grimes is the next Bjork' or not is up to you.

Bjork still does all of those things.
>>
Karin Dreijer Andersson?
>>
>t. baby still needs girl singing in his music so he can have fee fees about his mommy
>>
>>69730238
Mixing is a specialized technical job better done by neutral people (people not involved in that specific piece of music ready to be mixed).

If you imply that Grimes doesn't mix, surprise, surprise, she mixes her music as well, but not the final mix. The reasons: above.
>>
>>69730248
Bjork is a good answer. Grimes is still the next Bjork, like it or not. It's not up to you.
>>
Loreena McKennitt
>>
File: igge smug.jpg (147KB, 900x960px) Image search: [Google]
igge smug.jpg
147KB, 900x960px
>>69730202
the range of her talents doesn't matter, the quality of those talents does
and theyre all garbage
>>
>>69730248
>>69731026
Grimes is pure garbage
for dudes who like lolis that look like men
>>
>>69731178
> the quality of those talents
Talents, by definition, are things which someone does well - ie. that already have quality to them. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>69731317
>lolis that look like men
>What did he mean by this
>>
>>69731368
i'll restructure for your perfectionist baby ass;
the range of her roles doesn't matter, it's how well she performs in them
>>
>>69731421
Range and dexterity go hand-in-hand:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymath
>>
Merrill Garbus of tUnE-yArDs
>>
>>69731010
Why are you so shit at opinions
>>
>>69731010
>my waifu doesn't do this so it must be better if she doesn't do it
kill yourself
>>
>>69731709
Not the anon to which you are responding, but I'm pretty sure its more about your inability to comprehend them desu.
>>
>>69731670
Stop being so pedantic, you literally know that this anon is saying "it doesn't matter how many things you do, it matters how good you are at those things." So if I had only painted one painting and written one story and they were both shit, I could technically call myself an "artist and a writer" but I still wouldn't have anything to brag about. Not that I even hate Grimes or anything but for a lot of people who do hate her it's because her fanbase is so annoying and creepy and weird and also nitpicky in arguments.
>>
it's a shame that grimes is shit at every single one of them
>>
What is the obsession with Grimes? I'm so confused. Is it because a bunch of lonely nerds have a crush on her and think they are in love? Her music is unremarkable
>>
Name 4chan posters that are:
1. involuntarily celibate
2. evangelion fans
3. odorous
4. women avoid eye contact w/ them on public transit
5. acquired social philosophy from greentexts

All of them are required, no exceptions.
>>
>>69731877
You hit it on the head, inb4 butthurt faggots.
>>
>>69731747
Grimes has always done her own mixing as an integrated part of her production process. Which is why she likes having someone else come in after the fact tin order o go over things in case she missed something - because both creating AND editing your own art can be a subjective trap if you don't solicit some sort of outside opinion on what you're doing.
>>
>>69730202
But she's a shit singer, songwriter, producer, sound engineer and live performer.
>>
>>69731821
>"it doesn't matter how many things you do, it matters how good you are at those things."
Oh, I get it all right. "Jack of all trades, master at none."

The thing is, that isn't the entire saying. It actually goes:
>A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one.
Grimes is a master at putting things together in such a way that the end-product seems greater than the sum of its parts - which is all that actually matters in art creation at the end of the day. And even then, many (if not all) of the separate aspects to the things she has so far done have garnered remarkable praise from dedicated professionals in those areas.
>>
>>69732101
>But she's a shit singer, songwriter, producer, sound engineer and live performer.

she's a jack of all offs
>>
>>69730202
>Waaaaah! why I can't considered more talented than I am!?

-/mu/'s favorite chipmunk.
>>
>>69731877
Her music is EXTREMELY remarkable if you happen to have a sense of taste for the kind of music it is (which you apparently don't.) It's that simple.
>>
>>69732230
Yeah can't say I'm into synthpop with bad vocals
>>
>>69732261
What are you 'into'?
>>
>>69732294
http://www.last.fm/user/Groves89/library/artists?date_preset=ALL_TIME
>>
File: A-120708-1464101628-4668.jpeg.jpg (45KB, 600x356px) Image search: [Google]
A-120708-1464101628-4668.jpeg.jpg
45KB, 600x356px
>>69730202
Lori Carson
>>
>>69732261
>bad vocals
Anon, polyphonic vocals aren't "bad". They're just extremely unusual in the context of modern pop music.
>>
>>69730202
joanna newsom?
>>
>>69732349
That's not what I'm referring to.
>>
>>69732329
>The Brian Jonestown Massacre
>Bob Dylan
>The Fall
...what was that about not liking bad vocals again?
>>
>>69730202
The lead singer from the band Bully worked as an engineer under Steve Albini. She's got a killer yell. Better than most male punk vocalists imo.
>>
>>69730202
Lol @ a bunch of teenagers who don't know who Jacquet de la Guerre is arguing that Claire Boucher is the most talented female artist
>>
>>69732409
Then what ARE you referring to, specifically?
>>
>>69732430
None of them sound like possums getting their tails stepped on
>>
>>69732469
And How would you know that exactly?
>>
>>69730202
Holy shit, so I finally listened to the "music" that grimes has produce, and... The melodies are extremely simple and cheesy(inb4 that's the whole point) She honestly isn't even a good singer either. I'm sure all her fans are just weaboo and/or virgins who obsessed with her because "she's so different" thinking that the narcissistic bitch will one day give them attention. She's a mainstream pop artist, no where near underground.
>>
>>69732500
I stepped on a possum's tail at night walking home when I was like 14. It squawked and squealed and sounded like Canadian recording artist Claire Boucher
>>
jesus fucking christ stop using her real name
>>
>>69732556
Lol. Hey - at least you seem to author your own shitposting.

>>69732532
In that case, explain this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
>>
File: 1404567562473.jpg (51KB, 321x340px) Image search: [Google]
1404567562473.jpg
51KB, 321x340px
>it's yet another /mu/ mindlessly shits on/praises grimes thread
>>
>>69732635
It's not mindless at all:
>Due to the culture of rampant contrarianism on this board, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "like" something is when the thing in question isn't good enough to be worth hating. Likewise, the only time you are going to see a huge majority here saying that they "hate" something is when the thing in question IS good enough to be worth hating (Because - to paraphrase James Brooks - people throw rocks at things that shine because things that shine are easier to see.)
>For an artist, being universally loved on /mu is a bad sign. Likewise being universally hated on /mu is a bad sign. However being simultaneously strongly loved AND strongly hated by /mu is a wonderful sign, since the size of that dichotomy itself is the closest thing this place has to offer to a true judgment of artistic value.
>The proof that Grimes IS a great artist (insofar as /mu hive-mind opinion is concerned) lies in the fact that she has the POWER TO DIVIDE this place. Only the greatest artists can do that.
>>
>>69732635
>>
>>69732624
Good lord this is terrible what the fuck?
>>
>>69732635
>he doesn't like divergent feminist pop
>>
>>69732700
You tell me - you're the only trying to claim that all her music sounds like generic mainstream pop music. My only question to you is this - on what planet is music like this considered generic? Or mainstream?
>>
>>69732689
>subjective hate== objectively great

No. This rapper-tier bootstrapping tactic only works on the weak-willed who can't look away from claims of controversy. If we apply the same logic the grimeshaters must be great because they are hated.
>>
>>69732808
I'm not the guy you were responding to I was just pointing out how terrible that song was
>>
>>69732624
that's a pretty obscure point of reference anon
>>
>>69732833
Different tastes, mate. Personally it's one of my favorite works of hers.
>>
>>69732857
Not in the context of Grimes music. That's where it all started - nameless noise jams performed live at UNDERGROUND music venues and college radio stations.
>>
>>69732430
the fall has such fitting vocals tho this isnt even the same at all
>>
>>69730202
Stop avoiding filters you asswipe. I don't care about your ugly waifu.
>>
>>69733084
>I don't care
Then why are you going out of your way to complain?
>>
>>69733084
b-but why do you hate her? i'm gonna cry now
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.