[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good bands/songs similar to the style of this album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: green-day-dookie.jpg (223KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
green-day-dookie.jpg
223KB, 945x945px
What are some good bands/songs similar to the style of this album. I already got Jawbreaker
>>
>>69727485
I think my favorite thing about Dookie is how unique it still is for a pop-punk album. Not many bands have been able to successfully replicate the sound of Dookie and write a good record beneath it. Dookie and Insomniac are once in a lifetime albums and the pinnacle of nineties pop-punk. Just enjoy this record and don't expect to find anything that sounds similar to be on-par. It really cannot compete.
>>
Try some of the later Descendents albums. I think Everything Sucks is the most explicitly Green Day-ish. They have a new one this year too.
>>
>>69727547
Gotta include nimrod in that list also, man

The rest of Green Day's discography is the only comparable thing, they evolved decently over time. Blink-182 were the only ones that came closest to the level of snottiness balanced with catchiness.
>>
>>69727547
I'd switch Insomniac with Kerplunk.
>>
File: Enema of the State.jpg (488KB, 1736x1736px) Image search: [Google]
Enema of the State.jpg
488KB, 1736x1736px
>>
File: All Killer, No Filler.png (2MB, 1484x1484px) Image search: [Google]
All Killer, No Filler.png
2MB, 1484x1484px
>>
>>69727662
new one is fucking dope
>>
>>69729238
Is this a joke
>>
>>69730678
no, but you are.
>>
>>69727547
Don't forget Kerplunk
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.