[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they even have Zach Hill? You literally almost never hear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (277KB, 950x645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 950x645px
Why do they even have Zach Hill?
You literally almost never hear his drumming.
Pointless.
>>
maybe he's playing pads and he's just really tight
>>
>>69724153
Meme answer. Leave.
>>
He overdubs the beats that he plays on his digital drums with a drumkit.
>>
>>69724135
Is this a legitimate question?
>>
the entire backing instrumentation of NOTM is just zach playing samples on v-drums
>>
>>69724135
You realize he does all the production on the album, with help from Andy.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
Zach Hill is undoubtedly one of the best drummers living. He gives the spirit to the band.
>>
you're right, I would also like him to leave Death Grips and play mathrock stuff again but he seems to have found what he likes.
>>
>>69724809
Daily Reminder questions can not be b8.
>>
>>69724850
maybe not but this post is
>>
>>69724850
>questions can't be b8
>"Why are Women allowed in music?"
>"Why do niggers like rap so much?"
>"Why did I reply to bait"
>>
>>69724889
Cherry picking isn't right.
General questions are not b8.
>>
>>69724995
Sure but you saying that questions can not be bait implies that they can never be bait under any circumstances, which is wrong
>>
>>69725027
I guess. Guess I'm wrong about that.
>>
>>69724995
You're trying to provide a definition to bait, but your only criteria is whether or not the bait comes in the form of a question.

Lets say somebody posts a picture of MBDTF with either of the following captions:

>Why do only fags like this?
>ITT: Albums only fags like

Both deliver the same sentiment, both are just as detrimental to intelligent music-based discussion, but one of them is a question.
>>
Listen to fashion week and you'll appreciate his drumming more.

Seriously a very underrated album it's excellent
>>
>>69724135
Lel drumming is even more of a meme instrument than non-jazz guitar... so fucking basic its laughable
>>
>>69725200
;e; uobooted mt l3ddit0r priend
>>
when i saw them live i wondered why they even had flatlander because i couldn't hear anything underneath the drumming
>>
File: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.jpg (11KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.jpg
11KB, 222x227px
>>69724135
>Why do they even have Julian Koster?
>You literally almost never hear his singing saw.
>Pointless.
>>
>>69724135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uggrc_rcpm0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFmZ6WDkuj0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkJghqMSpo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cinJDxLUsNY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfCXvZezm5I
last part of big dipper is zach doing a solo using samples of bjork on v-drum

zach uses v-drums in some songs, that's why you don't here traditional drum sound

he's also a large part of the production and beats
>>
>>69725200
Oh boy
>>
>>69725215
you are misalligned my friendo
>>
>>69724135
he contributes to song writing and production and NOTM wouldn't even exist without him

you idiot
>>
File: notm w liner notes.jpg (102KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
notm w liner notes.jpg
102KB, 500x750px
>>69724135
>>
>>69725215
thats a reall y nice meme
>>
File: DEATGRIP.jpg (873KB, 1800x700px) Image search: [Google]
DEATGRIP.jpg
873KB, 1800x700px
>>69725200
I can tell you haven't listened to much Zach Hill. Far from basic.

With regards to drumming as a whole - is it basic? Most of the time, heavily depending on what you're playing, yes, drumming is basic. As it should be.

Again, depending on what you're playing, most of the time drumming is supposed to be a background instrument. Most great drummers advise new ones to stay away from anything too fancy or playing too many fills for the simple fact that while drumming is vital to a song, doing too much is far too distracting and takes away from the true musicality of a project.

But a meme instrument? Dude, c'mon. Drumming is vital. Just because it's basic doesn't make it any less important.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.