[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

someone explain to me why black people dominate the music industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1478467827846.png (319KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478467827846.png
319KB, 500x375px
someone explain to me why black people dominate the music industry

this wasn't a recent thing too

even with segregation black people were still allowed at venues if they were with the band
>>
space ghost coast to coast was such a great show
>>
>>69722189
better music, generally
>>
idk they're just better
>>
The jewish agenda

come to /pol/ and find the answers, anon
>>
>>69722189
Early jazz was the basis for early American pop music. Novelty becomes much more important in a capitalistic society, and the corporations that sell the music had to reach beyond the white culture people were used to in the early-mid 1900's to find it. The result is that much of popular music is partially rooted in black jazz and blues traditions ("whitened" for consumtpion, usually, of course, and of course the styles have changed over time). White musical families are less likely to pass down black traditions, so they may be less well-equipped for making American consumer music. It could also be something in black peoples' nature, and it could also be deliberate influence to aggravate white feelings of stability in this country. It's probably all three of those things, but mostly the first one.
>>69722237
>>69722239
Nah. Americans don't know what white music is anymore. I'm hoping the fact that it's become novel again will lead to a rise in it's popularity, although it'll probably have to be introduced in a way that mixes it with a lot of the established trite "urban" music, so maybe it'd be better if it just gained a /mu/-level following.
>>69722281
I don't know to what extent Jews control the music industry, but I'd like to know. They seem to be very good at profiting from other peoples' work seeing how present they are in banking and in film.
>>
>>69722599
>Americans don't know what white music is anymore.
do you?
>>
>>69722624
I'm no expert, that's for sure. All Americans are distanced from the true cultures of their peoples and I'm no exception. I don't have as much time or energy as I'd like to investigate it as I would like, and I have other interests. I'm talking mainly about European folk music and it's derivatives, including classical music, although classical music seemed to usually be snobbish about that, for example viewing the accordion as too pleb to use in "serious music". I guess some nationalistic folk music embraced local musical cultures more but I really don't know all that much about the subject.
>>
>>69722787
*Nationalistic classical music
>>
File: 1480647076401.gif (652KB, 375x268px) Image search: [Google]
1480647076401.gif
652KB, 375x268px
This thread is fucking garbage
>>
>>69722205
fpbp
>>
Niggers and women are good at musicm because they have nothing better to do *(of importance really lmao)
>>
>>69722880
exdee
>>
>>69722886
Thx :P
>>
>>69722189
Hm, maybe it might be the gradual success of hip hop since the 90s?
Idk lol just a random guess
>>
>>69723428
What about 80's hip-hop, funk, soul, jazz, rock 'n' roll, blues?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.