[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of his albums between Let's Dance and Blackstar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: the bowman.jpg (235KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
the bowman.jpg
235KB, 1000x1000px
Are any of his albums between Let's Dance and Blackstar any good? I never bothered to listen to any of them.
>>
Yeah, his later stuff are really good. Tonight and Never let me down are pretty bad, but the rest is good to great.
>>
>>69717413
heathen and tonight (with as the world falls down bonus track)
>>
Blackstar is literally a 4/10 album, it sucks
>>
Yeah, Outside, Earthling, Heathen and The Next Day are excellent
>>69717667
Where is this meme coming from?
>>
I've listened to all of his albums,and honestly no albums in between Scary Monsters and Blackstar are worth your time.

He has some decent albums (that get overrated because of how shit he was past the 70's) like Heathen and The Next Day. But I wouldn't waste your time.
>>
>>69717929
reddit
>>
>>69717550
>tonight (with as the world falls down bonus track)
Dude, just listen to the Labyrinth soundtrack instead.
>>
Black Tie White Noise is his best. Only patrician choice
>>
>>69717951
>no albums in between Scary Monsters and Blackstar are worth your time.

why do so many people hate let's dance?
>>
>>69717413

I never really got to the album phase with Bowie, but my top 10 songs of his in no particular order are basically:

>Rebel Rebel
>Starman
>Life on Mars
>Ziggy Stardust
>Heroes
>Oh You Pretty Things
>Space Oddity
>Under Pressure if you consider that a Bowie song
>Cat People
>Ashes to Ashes (took me a while to not cringe at it because the music video is awful)

Am I a pleb?
>>
>>69718115
It's not worth anyone's time I'd say.

Modern Love and Cat People are the only two great songs.

I think it gets so much hate because it's a sell out album
>>
>>69718115
Because it's popular
>>
Reality is fucking excellent. You need it.
>>
>>69718257

Actually I'd probably take out Oh You Pretty Things in favor of Young Americans
>>
>>69718257
It took me a while to get into the album phase too. He just has a huge discography and that can always be intimidating. Start with Man Who Sold the World through Aladdin Sane.
>>
>>69718257
>am I a pleb?
>doesn't listen to albums
Yes.
>>
>>69718355
What this guy said

Jesus man, just sit down and listen.
>>
I liked Outside
>>
>>69717413
I've decided I'll probably try most of them, because I didn't really like most of his acclaimed albums so these other ones can't be that much worse and possibly better
>>
>[Blackstar] was nominated for the "Top Rock Album" award at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards, but lost out to Blurryface by Twenty One Pilots.

How do you guys feel about this?
>>
this reminds me i still havent listened to blackstar
>>
>>69718633
>music awards
lmao
>>
>>69718633
Blackstar's 4/10 at best anyway. Plus who cares about music awards
>>
Definitely check out Earthling. Bowie moves into drum n bass territory.
>>
They all have a least 1 or 2 good songs but the albums as a whole are very inconsistent.
>>
>>69718633
Who the fuck
>>
File: 1478117981790.png (31KB, 270x272px) Image search: [Google]
1478117981790.png
31KB, 270x272px
>>69718257
>album phase
This is a joke right?
>>
This degenerate never made any good music, it's all pop garbage. His last album is only hailed as good because of his death - can you imagine a critic giving any other review? No, disrespecting a dead man is too much to risk, better to say some platitudes and get them sheckles.
>>
>>69717413
Earthling and Leon are superb.
>>
>>69717929
The Italian meme man didn't like it
>>
File: db.jpg (39KB, 500x695px) Image search: [Google]
db.jpg
39KB, 500x695px
>>69719684
well meme'd friendo
>>
Earthling is possibly best Bowie
>>
>>69719726
me on the right
>>
>>69719684
>using "pop" as an insult to the king of pop
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.