[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to find a band to join if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: grammy.jpg (53KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
grammy.jpg
53KB, 960x540px
What's the best way to find a band to join if you're fairly new to an area and don't personally know any local musicians?
>>
Find the local music shop and ask what they think. They usually have good connections.
>>
>>69709562
Craigslist
>>
>>69709562
>What's the best way to find a band to join if you're fairly new to an area and don't personally know any local musicians?

You dont need to know the musicians to discover bands, with internet you can easy find what bands exist at some city X
>>
if you're not autistic, you already have at least 50 close friends in the new city. there has to be some musicians in there.
>>
Guitar Center near the restrooms where the have the bulletin board with all the people offering lessons or asking for bandmates.
Go to your local bars that have bands and drink with those guys to see if they know a person. Also bars with open mics, those are good for learning to perform in front of others and you might find someone who wants to start a band.
Really though you should try to join any band just to get experience, I played in a blues band filled with seniors but we made some alright money and eventually built up connections.
>>
>>69710836
Not a bad idea, think I may try joining an open blues jam sometime
>>
>>69710936
Try anything really if your new to working with bands, hell go ahead and see if there's a church that needs an extra guy. You can spend years practicing alone but working with a band is a whole different beast and requires an understanding in how to come together, even if it's just a cover band.
What instrument do you play OP? How long and how much knowledge do you have of music theory and your instrument?
>>
>>69710806
thi
>>
>>69711031
Piano and keyboards primarily, though I can also play guitar and bass if needed. I know my way around theory quite well, but I have minimal band experience.
>>
>>69710806
Nobody in the world has ever had 50 close friends you stupid piece of shit. At any given time in my life, I've had at MOST two or three GOOD friends (which counts gfs) and many friends and countless acquaintances. Either you've never had actual close friends, or all the people that you think are your close friends have close friends of their own and you're not in their circles.
>>
>>69711268
You should be good then in finding a band if you're skilled enough. With pianists in my local area (which is Texas so it might be wayyy different for you) most keyboard/pianist soots are taken by guys who are very skilled but the amount of bands looking for those guys is greater than the skilled pianists out there.
Would recommend getting good at bass, not because I'm a bassist and love playing it but because most bass spots are filled by failed guitarists who don't know how to play/create good music. I've made tons of money filling in for bands because there's a huge lack of skilled bass players out there. Guitar is fun but the amount of guitarists out there dwarfs the amount of bands.
Good luck OP hopefully you find a band
>>
File: do not lay waste to homes....jpg (371KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
do not lay waste to homes....jpg
371KB, 1200x1200px
>>69709562
>that pic
>>
>>69711501
Yeah, I get the impression that keyboardists are a bit hard to find. I might be willing to fill in for bass every now and then, but ideally I'd establish a reputation as a keys player first. Not too interested in guitar, but I like having it as a secondary instrument.
>>
>>69709562
Where you moving/what kinda music you like?
>>
File: cum on guys.jpg (1MB, 2048x3976px) Image search: [Google]
cum on guys.jpg
1MB, 2048x3976px
>>69711293
You've been baited.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.