[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, why is most of this album so bad? I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 61ixqRfb0ZL.jpg (109KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
61ixqRfb0ZL.jpg
109KB, 500x494px
Holy shit, why is most of this album so bad?

I've been listening to the beach boys in chronological order. And up until this album, everything was mostly going up hill.

What the hell happened here?
>>
>>69708516
they finished it at brian's home studio in a very short period of time after smile collapsed, they were all baked as fuck during it. i personally like it
>>
>>69708571
Oh, so it was a time constraint problem then?

Does their music get even better after this album, or is this a good stopping point?
>>
>>69708645

It gets better, but this is a rough spot, just keep going
>>
>>69708645
personaly i think it only goes down from here but thats just my opinion. check out smile sessions if you want to hear what this album was supposed to be
>>
>>69708645
Wild Honey, Friends, Sunflower, Surf's Up, and Love You are worth listening to
>>
File: beachboysalbumsrating.jpg (29KB, 660x518px) Image search: [Google]
beachboysalbumsrating.jpg
29KB, 660x518px
>>69708516
Mike fucked it up
>>
In my opinion surf's up is the last great album they made after that it's downhill fast in the Mike love train to kokomo.
>>
>>69708645
They don't really reach Pet Sounds levels again but their stuff after (not counting the 80s) is, as a general rule, better than what came before. Surf's Up and Sunflower are some of their best, and Love You is pretty interesting as one of the first synth-pop albums and an interesting look into Brian's mental state.
>>
it's full of some of the earliest and weirdest minimalist psychedelia, and you and most of /mu/ are plebs, so you perceive it as being one of the worst Boys albums even though it's their best
>>
>>69709223
that's not your opinion. that's critical consensus around the Beach Boys. i guarantee that you have not listened to The Beach Boys Love You or Holland and you just parrot the internet truism that Surf's Up is the last good one to justify your laziness
>>
File: a1186029355_10.jpg (234KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1186029355_10.jpg
234KB, 1200x1200px
if something like Smiley Smile had come out after the successful release of Smile it would be considered one of the greatest albums of all time and Brian would be worshiped as a god for reinventing pop music 3 times in the space 18 months.

The only problem with Smiley Smile is that it's a deliberately simple album forced to live in the shadow of the probably the most ambitious pop album ever.
>>
File: 14.jpg (142KB, 480x721px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
142KB, 480x721px
>>69708516
Shut the fucc up you bloody cunt this album is fucccing amazing
>>
>>69709648
Smiley smile is actually MORE ambitious if you think about it

Smile is just the same baroque pop maximal art shit we've heard every band do at one point, smiley smile comes out of nowhere and it's better for it
>>
What I dont get is that people say Mike wanted to stick with the formula and thats why Smile was shelved, but he was 100% behind Smiley Smile which was more progressive and weirder
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.