[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies care so much about lyrics? So often I show someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1481079183074.png (20KB, 299x314px) Image search: [Google]
1481079183074.png
20KB, 299x314px
Why do normies care so much about lyrics?
So often I show someone a song and all they do is whine about what the song means or a single lyrics that sounds dumb to them
>>
File: 1450969344356.gif (223KB, 365x359px) Image search: [Google]
1450969344356.gif
223KB, 365x359px
>wtf anon, this song has no lyrics! How do I know what it's about?
>>
>>69695715

What's so hard to understand? Lyrics can be bothersome even if the music is good. How would you like it when a 13 year old starts babbling about satanism while you're enjoying some music? I'd cringe for sure. That's exactly why I don't listen to black metal.
>>
File: 1478560355899.jpg (38KB, 439x624px) Image search: [Google]
1478560355899.jpg
38KB, 439x624px
>>69695817
>wtf anon, this song isn't in english! Are you some kind of liberal?
>>
well, do you think that you're able to fully appreciate the ins and outs of things that you rarely dig into? you're an arrogant fuck if you do
>>
>DUDE TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF LMAO

Lyrics are pretty much 40% of the song.
>>
>>69695715
Different people process music differently. I almost never pay attention to lyrical content unless I like the song, or it's offensively bad on top of an otherwise bland song. Have you ever met people who know the words to every one of their favorite songs by heart ?
>>
If you want a serious answer

I'm not one to use the word "normie" too much as I have quite the questionable lifestyle but

People that are spoonfed top 40s that wish to have their brain stimulated at every 5 seconds with another 'hook', which is scientifically analyzed whether it spikes up someones interest in a quick manner or not - are too lazy to keep their attention span on a song for too long and have no interest to gather something from it

Same can go the other way, and that just depends whether the track needs vocals or not. As long as it's attention catching using certain waves, it goes.

The counter-argument is that top 40 shit could simply be claimed as being superior, because of the development in it's structure in order to be as catchy as possible, but that simply depends on what you personally wish to gather from a track
>>
>>69695715
it's vice versa

>NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL
>/mu/ is making fun of FSMH
>normies cry and say it's le masterpiece
>>
File: 1464581213304.jpg (1MB, 2560x1928px) Image search: [Google]
1464581213304.jpg
1MB, 2560x1928px
>>69695839
>How would you like it when a 13 year old starts babbling about satanism while you're enjoying some music? I'd cringe for sure. That's exactly why I don't listen to black metal.

>>69696095
>Lyrics are pretty much 40% of the song.
>>
Many people derive meaning from words far easier than they derive meaning from abstract expressive sounds. If something does not have words the listening person can derive meaning from because it lacks them altogether, or they are in a language that the person cannot understand, or they are not easily digestible for the person, or they contradict that person's beliefs and values, this person will struggle to derive meaning from the music, and so not enjoy it as much if at all.
>>
I barely listen to words in the lyrics.
For me its the rhythm in the words being sung that's important.
>>
lyrics are just a nice bonus to an already good song
they can never make a song with mediocre or shit music good
bad lyrics on the other hand can never ruin a song with fantastic music
>>
>>69695954
He likes geometric shapes
>>
>>69697065
>lyrics can never make a song with mediocre or shit music good
>the whole point of hip-hop
>>
>>69697226
exactly
hip hop isn't good
>>
>>69697226
that's why I can't get into the stuff, or most punk
I can appreciate something like Ain't Nothin' But a G Thang because of that sweet bassline, but most of the genre leaves me completely cold because the music is unremarkable
>>
You can spot these fags easily if they hate Desiigner
>>
>>69695715
Are you that same idiot butthurt about that Migos song?

Lyrics aren't inherently good or bad, they're just ass in the case of Migos. Get over it boyo.
>>
>>69695715
>why do people care about something the artist intentionally put in the song to be heard and understood
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.