[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so besides responses like 'its edgy' and 'what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: Slipknot_-_Slipknot2.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Slipknot_-_Slipknot2.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
so besides responses like 'its edgy' and 'what are you 13?' why don't people on this board like this album?
>>
>>69688034

The cringe vocal delivery.
>>
>>69688034
i just haven't listened to it since i was 11 years old and i have no interest in listening to it as an adult
>>
>>69688034
it doesn't sound good
>>
I liked it then and like it now. I get the hate, but that's ok.
>>
I refuse to accept that I used to enjoy this retarded drivel
>>
It's a 9.4/10 without question, and it has held up amazingly over the 15 or whatever years it has been out
>>
>>69688062
Wanna know how I know you're under 20
>>
Iowa was better

But also their sound aged like milk
>>
i don't understand how an adult can actually take it seriously
of course it's still a lot of fun, but that's all it is to me now
>>
It's edgy. What are you, 13?
>>
>>69688257

No, because I'm 25. I dislike Corey Taylor's vocal style a lot.
>>
>>69688062
no it's just passionate, it's convincing
they only really got cringeworthy on their third album when they mellowed down to something more radio friendly while keeping the same song topics so it sounds "fake"

>>69688280
there's this sweet spot between taking music seriously and not taking music seriously that makes any "nostalgiacore" super enjoyable
really those emotions are just exciting even if you don't self-insert or feel like that in the moment, it just works because you're familiar with them anyways
>>
>>69688034
The music is not enjoyable to me. Most metal and hard rock I do not find enjoyable. Don't know why I just really can't stand that stuff.
>>
>>69688034
Love this album love slipknot
>>
>>69688321
>I don't like his voice
>therefore it is 'cringe'
Can we just toss every development in English from the last 30 years into the trash and get a do-over? Words lose their meaning so goddamn fast. Cringe has already turned into another 'hipster.' Devoid of meaning.
>>
>>69688389

I'll actually agree with that, it's an overused term, so let me clarify.

Corey Taylor's vocal style makes me literally cringe. I just find it to be too... melodramatic? I dunno. It's probably in combination with the lyrical themes and general tone of the music which I can't take seriously.
>>
Only good Slipknot album tbqh, first half was so much fun. Band went to shit once they decided to take themselves seriously while still sporting the meme masks.
>>
I thought it was a solid album. I had the cd with Purity on it.
Saw them live in Chicago around 1999 for 6 bucks.
>>
File: Super-Hans.png (1MB, 1440x901px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Hans.png
1MB, 1440x901px
>>69688034
Personally It's my fave album from them, but like other genres of Music better than metal.
>>
>>69688419
honestly i never completely understood why some people see theatricality as such a key negative point, but alright
>>
>>69688034
slipknot were very good live when i saw them
>>
>>69688491

I don't see it as a negative point in general, only when the subject matter or themes of the music don't justify it. I don't enjoy Teen Angst: The Discography regardless of the vocal delivery, but when the vocals are kinda over the top that only makes it more unbearable.

Fun fact: Slipknot were a favourite of mine in my mid teens. Growing up is a hell of a drug, I guess.
>>
It's not bad.
>>
>>69688478
Mine has Purity on it too.
>>
I like that sample they use from Carlitos Way. Any other cool little tidbits I dont remember?
>>
>>69688598
Probably doesn't say Slipknot on the cover then right?
>>
>>69688034
their best song is not on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDed5zAjE8
>>
>>69688666
Evil Trips! Nope, just the band.
>>
>>69688534
teenage angst totally justifies that though, it's the most melodramatic mindstate there is
>>
Are there any metal bands that still use record scratching and are considered good?
>>
>>69688724

Yeah, and that's why I think it sucks now. I'm saying that it's the type of music destined to be grown out of by any well adjusted person.
>>
>>69688034
Iowa is better
>>
>>69688923
how intoyou are in the idea of maturity makes me assume you're only in this sort of transitional stage trying to get there, and you're kind of forced to
don't worry, you'll make peace with your "weird phases" and anything that entails
i call it the dadrock cycle
>>
i'm 18 and i still like it
but iowa is a but better
>>
>>69688280
you never seen a 30s guy with a slipknot shirt?
if so great because you don't live on a third world
>>
>>69688034
Great album by a fun band. If you disagree you're a pretentious tryhard lil faggot.
>>
>>69688237
>I refuse to accept facts

>>>/pol/
>>
this album is great
>>
File: 1473801604344.jpg (128KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
1473801604344.jpg
128KB, 500x678px
>>69689075

>Not listening to slipknot is just a phase! You'll be back!
>>
File: 1480636221965.png (40KB, 579x204px) Image search: [Google]
1480636221965.png
40KB, 579x204px
>>
>>69689355
if you grew up with them like he did, yes. there's this piece of "wisdom" that the music you loved at 15 or 16 will always be the best ever to you. even if /mu/ generally try to move away from it, from my experience there's a lot of truth to it.
>>
Iowa is better
>>
>>69689355
to add to that, my assumption is that people would think pretty much what he said about them about stuff like joy division or black flag if the same thing hadn't already happened with their fanbase
>>
>>69689443
>>69689604

But I went back to give slipknot a listen a couple of years ago, out of nostalgia and curiosity. They absolutely didn't hold up for me. There were some enjoyable elements but I just wanted to listen to proper metal instead.
>>
>>69688034
the record scratches
>>
>>69689649
more rock bands shoulda done those
>>
>>69688034
i like it. its dense atmosphere and percussive assault make the album. not brilliant, but solid metal music.
>>
>>69689433
based piero telling it like it is
>>
>>69688034

>Why do people dislike an album from a genre that combines hip hop and low scale industrial metal

gee you tell me
>>
I love it.
Like everything, there's people who dig it and people who don't.
Despite popular belief, /mu/ doesn't share the same blanket taste.
>>
>>69688034
I like it desu, I think this band gets way to much hate considering they have some pretty good shit
>>
I'd say it's actually quite similar to Trout Mask Replica. Not in the layers of complicated notes, but in Corey's vocals and the frantic, vibrant rythms like that of many Delta Blues artists.
>>
>>69688034
Because IOWA is better. Good album still but not their best.
>>
Slipknot may be the most absurd band of all time.
They're more of a cartoon than a band.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.