[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If pitchfork is so great how come they don't do great articles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 262e7035.jpg (151KB, 658x813px) Image search: [Google]
262e7035.jpg
151KB, 658x813px
If pitchfork is so great how come they don't do great articles on legends like jandek
checkmate
>>
>>69687186
Because he's not black
>>
>>69687197
Tru
>>
>>69687186
>autistic cowboy that released an unnecessary amount of tapes he recorded in his basement
>legend

fuck off
>>
>>69687186
If the Wire is so great, how come they try so hard to promote their special snowflake taste half the time? Do they think they get hipster points everytime they bring up some super obscure minimal drone bullshit from Tanzania?

Why do The Wire readers sperg out over artists like Solange and Rihanna and Young Thug and Future being praised? Are they that insecure that they can't bear the thought of their favorite music source praising LEGITIMATELY talented pop artists?

How come the Wire has to shill itself on a mongolian anime forum?

Checkmate
>>
>>69687186
>jandek
He's not really that great
>>
>>69687282
>>69687256

No matter WHAT, someone always has to shit on somebody else. "They're too popular, they appeal to a certain demographic, too white, too black," etc.
>>
>>69687343
Also, what is an experimental music magazine doing writing about Rihanna anyway? Subscribers don't pay for that sort of shit. They want to hear about the latest compilation of field recordings or EAI drone pieces.
>>
>>69687374
>experimental music magazine

why would you ever think pitchfork is this
are you really so blinded by le white guilt that you're gonna make up whatever shit you can think of to complain about a site that was never great to begin with
>>
>>69687393
Talking about The Wire you mongoloid
>>
>>69687408
>The Wire
>experimental music magazine
Blackstar was their AOTY and you think they're experimental?
>>
>>69688461
t. doesn't read The Wire
>>
>>69687282
>he doesn't like the Tanzanian minimal drone scene

embarrassing
>>
>>69688804
Shut up
>>
>>69687256
what do you listen to faggot
>>
If The Wire is so great why don't they actually find new and interesting music instead of only reporting on the most aesthetically pleasing established tumblrcore?
>>
>>69690156
And just curious, what are some artists that fall under this category?
>>
>>69689661
good music pussy
>>
>>69690198

Jandek
Whitehouse
Magma
Sir Richard Bishop
Boris
Loren Connors
Silver Apples
Sun City Girls and the Subliminal Sounds label
etc.
>>
it's widely known in the industry that the publisher and editors of The Wire only hire writers willing to suck them off.
>>
>>69690230
>Subliminal Sounds label
It's sublime frequencies. I've actually met Alan Bishop and the other guy who co-founded it and lives in Portland. He's close friends with the guy who runs Exiled Records.
>>
>>69690238
so they're just like everyone else then
>>
>>69690230
You realize there's more to The Wire's musical coverage than the bigger name artists they put on their covers, right?
>>
>>69690270

My mistake, I mixed it up with the Wire approved Swedish label that published a lot of poorly recorded psych rock and called it forward thinking
>>
A R T I S T N A M E
>>
>>69690212
what like?
>>
>>69691003
just good shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iWxD0GZVVk
>>
>>69691089
nice dude
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.