[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is black guy screaming a meme and people shit on DG for it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

How is black guy screaming a meme and people shit on DG for it, but they dont when it comes to the unbearable sounds danny brown or kendrick for examle produce intentionally with their voices to sound funny or quirky

Im not even saying they make bad music overall but thats pretty embarrassing desu

Just wanted to know if im the only one who thinks about it that way
>>
Only normies dissin' on danny
>>
>>69678749
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>69678749
I can see why people wouldn't like DG. It's very out there from what people are used to, and still are even when there are so many bands copying them, just still not as violent as the DG.
>>
>>69678749
Normies view DG as screamo with rap beats. People that listen to heavy metal hate that there is no fast paced double kick. And people that listen to hip hop hate how coarse the vocals are.

It is purely normies man.
>>
File: 1481722223723.jpg (51KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1481722223723.jpg
51KB, 500x381px
>>69678749
I had to read this shit like 3 times to understand it.

I think the major distinction is the lyrics and instrumentals.
>I know what this calls for
>Where's my scalpel? Operation cut
>Like I'm bored, sew my inner war up like corn rows
>My internal war blows, like freezing fog in Oslo
>Frozen, I can't get soft, baptized in hoarfrost
>Like carbon monoxide garage
>Freeze your blink like sandman's flush
>I hate you so much
>I hate your laws
>I hate your need a cause
>I hate your faux touch
>I hate every last one of you
>I ponder digesting razors, just to be done with you
>I love you so much
Like can you even imagine Kendrick Lamar making a song like this? That's why DG is a meme.
>>
>>69680692
its because even though the lyrics sound like word salad normies dont have the brains to understand that DG's lyrics arent meant to be read literally. They have an underlying meaning, and you need to apply grammar to stefans writing style, otherwise it seems like it makes no sense.
>>
>>69680781
and to add on, thats not to say every line has some deep shit going on with it. DG has fun with stupid lyrics too, but usually they can be interpreted as many other things too
>>
I like all three suck my balls
>>
>>69680781
I'm not really shitting on their music, but they're lyrics are objectively vulgar and ridiculous. My point is that you really can't compare Danny and Kendrick to Death Grips because they've never made songs like Death Grips.
>>
>>69680886
Oh yeah I completely agree. Their lyrics are exceptionally vulgar and offensive to people. I remember one time I showed a coworker hustle bones and right when it dropped he asked if this was satanic music.

Danny and Kendrick are more accessible to people because they don't get too offensive with their context. They do have strong statements however, but nothing like what DG has. I'm just a long time fan of DG and have listened to all their albums multiple times and really enjoy all their work. It's a shame I can't really share my joy in this band with anyone I know irl.
>>
>>69679298
this is not true
>>
>>69678749
can you speak english?
>>
Death Grips are insanely overrated on here, don't lose perspective on the difference between what people actually enjoy in "alternative" hip-hop and what's just some flavour of the week shit from 2011 that's overstayed its welcome by five years
>>
Danny isnt even in the same category as kendrick in terms of accessibility
Half the people that hear danny hate his voice
>>
Bc Danny uses more traditional beats, the only thing that's different is that his voice is weirdly high and he uses faster and occasionally abrasive production. DGs poppiest songs are still super hard to get into because they don't fit under a genre. You can't only like hip hop and appreciate death grips, same goes for punk and metal. They incorporate a lot of styles into something really noisy that also requires a lot of skill not only to make but also to unpackage. They are super hard on the ears, but if you have the right interests they'll start to grow on you and you'll appreciate it more. I'm not even gonna get into thematic differences because the difference is so great.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.