[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys have albums you can only listen to on certain occasions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 61rY6yM8HWL.jpg (121KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61rY6yM8HWL.jpg
121KB, 500x500px
Do you guys have albums you can only listen to on certain occasions? I'm not talking about being in a happy or sad mod and feels shit, but really appreciating music under specific circumstances.

Here's an example: I can only listen to MPP when I'm excited about meeting a new person. Last night I went out with this girl, we talked for hours and in the end I ran all the way home, a good five minutes or so, soaked in sweat under the night sky. And now this album sounds like magic again. Otherwise it's just bland.
>>
>Here's an example: I can only listen to MPP when I'm excited about meeting a new person. Last night I went out with this girl, we talked for hours and in the end I ran all the way home, a good five minutes or so, soaked in sweat under the night sky. And now this album sounds like magic again. Otherwise it's just bland.

Hey man not gonna lie that sounds really cool, and I think I can understand where you're coming from with this album. Other Anco albums have a similar thing with me, I can only really bear most of Feels if I'm falling madly in love with someone, (otherwise I find most of the album obnoxious except for the first 2 songs and banshee beat) or Strawberry Jam at really happy but melancholy times in my life, like ending high school.

Some albums like Loveless I can only really listen to if chilling out on a summery afternoon with absolutely nothing on my plate for the rest of the day.
>>
>>69677988
Yeah, that's it. Some songs can be really obnoxious or lifeless when out of context. I have all the time to listen to music at work, but can't enjoy some of my favorite albums as they would feel misplaced.
>>
>>69678024
>Some songs can be really obnoxious or lifeless when out of context.

Exactly it man. You've kind of got me trying to think of more examples of this, it's a heaps interesting idea I'd never payed much attention to before.

This probably sounds cliche but some albums like American Football I can only listen to if I'm already sad but want to get sadder, like I need to completely purge the feeling from me.

I've noticed I tend to listen to hip hop a lot more in times in my life where I'm going out/drinking/partying a lot more than usual, usually stuff like Wu-Tang, ATCQ and (of course) Death Grips.
>>
>>69678068
Good thinking. It's different from "whoa, my day sucked so I'll pick up a radiohead album at random". And I get the American Football part, I do that too, haha
>>
>>69678146
Also I do the same sadness thing with Carissa's Wierd
>>
>>69677948
I relate to this story so fucking much, I too can only listen to MPP when I feel nothing but pure exstacy from being with other people.
I usually "let" myself listen to it when I feel like the girl i'm in love with loves me back, which is cliché as fuck but it just WORKS MAN
>>
>>69677948

damn this sounds so nice, hope youre happy and well
>>
>>69677948
Go back to tumblr rule 2 faggot
>>
>>69679706
>>69679731
Thanks anons, I'm not expecting much but it's cool to live this Summertime Clothes moment, and I missed enjoying the album.
>>
>>69677948
it's because your brain is a muscle that loves to witness its guardian acting on human instincts (socializing namely) and it rewards you for such
>>
>>69677948
I only listen to vaporwave if i'm hanging out alone in my room at night, probably smoking weed playing pokemon.

i only listen to deerhunter in the fall, usually while driving with the windows down.

kanye's dark fantasy is specifically a winter album. in high school, my friends and i would drive around during snow storms looking at christmas lights smoking a blunt while listening to that album a few times a week.
>>
>>69680071
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
File: alone.png (776KB, 1152x866px) Image search: [Google]
alone.png
776KB, 1152x866px
>>69680180
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.