[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the most overrated songs you can think of?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: pepe end.jpg (388KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
pepe end.jpg
388KB, 600x584px
What are some of the most overrated songs you can think of?

>Black sabbath war pigs
>Iron maiden hallowed be thy name
>Judas priest painkiller
>Motorhead ace of spades
>ozzy osbourne crazy train
>The entirety of holy diver except from the eponymous theme
>killing in the name of
>god save the queen
>stairway to heaven
>Beatles in general
>>
>>69652715
>Beatles in general
Nah.
>>
>>69652731

Yeah and everything related to them like NMH
>>
>>69652780
Incorrect on both counts.
>>
Losing My Religion and Sweet Child O' Mine.

Sweet Child O' Mine in particular I think actually has one of the worst riffs I've ever heard. It fucking pains my ears to listen to that song.
>>
>>69652807

>Literally slash's stretching exercises
>>
File: 60207758_p0.png (2MB, 1711x1892px) Image search: [Google]
60207758_p0.png
2MB, 1711x1892px
>smells like teen spirit
>screen shot
>man in the box
>through the fire and the flames
>we will fall together

They're all phenomenal songs but still what the fuck makes them so much more popular
>>
>>69652871

They're all hated at /mu/ thought.
>>
FUcking Bohemian Rhapsody.

It's like Yes and the Cardiacs fucked and had a weirdo prog kid but the kid was all autistic and deformed and didn't live up to it's parents greatness.
>>
>>69653061
That's because mu is contrarian
>>
Gary Jules- Mad World
I Will Follow You into the Dark
Decemberists- The Rake's Song
Dance With the Devil
Johnny Cash- Hurt

you know, the usual reddit core
>>
>>69652715
Agree with everything except War Pigs.
>>
>>69652715
>>69653498

I agree with Warpigs (and most of that list's metal songs) because to me: Metal is a genre that's supposed to get your blood rushing, metal songs should be exciting. Tempo has nothing to do with it. Holy diver for example has a relatively slow temple and its still pretty exciting, it feels epic to listen to it.

In the case of warpigs, it just feels dull, slow, same goes for hallowed be thy name. When you're used to crazy intense riffs and solos like the ones in NOTB, aces high or 2 minutes to midnight, it's kind of hard to swallow the pill of a slower, less intense song.

In the case of painkiller: I just believe it's a very "random" song, the kind of song that it's completed in 1 jamming session. It doesn't seem to be carefully planned, instead it sounds very random, this is the same reason why I dislike most of metallica stuff except for enter sandman and seek n destroy. Their riffs and solos sound like random jamming and I'm actually surprised they managed to write them down to be able to replicate them in concerts.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.