[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw people say shit like "How do I get into this band?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1476743480539.png (317KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476743480539.png
317KB, 500x500px
>mfw people say shit like "How do I get into this band?"

Dude you start with the first album and then go from there, they're fucking ALBUMS. If you didn't like it, you wasted like what, an hour?

Can anyone give me good examples of a band's first album that would actually ruin someone's perception of them, even though the rest of their discog is good?
>>
Radiohead
Talk Talk
Yes
Sufjan Stevens
Girl Talk
My Bloody Valentine
holy fuck what a dumb thread
>>
>Death Grips
>Sonic Youth
>Björk
>The Cure
>Blur
>David Bowie
>>
Devin Townsend, his first album is him taking the piss and fucking around, his second album is one of the most praised albums in prog metal
>>
>>69650385

DG first album got me into them. I really dislike Money Store though. I've only heard those two albums though.
>>
>>69650094
Black Sabbath
>>
>>69650295
>Chill.
Anyways.
>MBV
Okay, that's grasping at straws, because how many people do you know that have even heard their other albums? If someone knows about MBV at all, it's because they heard about how good Loveless is. It's like the Pink Floyd effect, they're just going to listen to the "t-shirt" albums by default.
>Yes
I disagree. I think my point stands that even if they didn't like the first album, they'd still wonder why everyone likes them so much, and then work their way to the iconic shit. If they're not lazy as ballsack that is. Not to mention its good.
>Radiohead
Got me there.

>>69650385
>Death Grips
Whether you mean their self titled EP or the Ex-Military mixtape, I disagree. I enjoy both of those releases. Money Store is their first full album anyways, and its fantastic.

>>69650422
Fair enough. I feel like if you don't like the first album though, the next few aren't exactly going to light your world on fire.
>>
>>69650385
bjork's first album is $$$
>>
>>69650422
s/t is fucking great though.
>>
>Lightning Bolt
>>
no, you're doing it wrong you dumbfuck

you listen to the best album or two, and then dig deeper if you like them.

life is too short to tolerate your thin-dicked autism
>>
>The wonder years
>Radiohead
>>
An album is a single piece you dipshit, you can listen to them in any order you want. If I like post-rock, I'm not gonna check out no-wave Swans because it's their first album
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.