[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Verve > Oasis Prove me wrong >first EP is one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tumblrtheverve44.jpg (32KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblrtheverve44.jpg
32KB, 453x500px
The Verve > Oasis
Prove me wrong

>first EP is one of the best shoegaze EPs and would make a fantastic album rivaling big 3 shoegaze albums if full versions of Gravity grave and she's a superstar were used and they added All in the Mind
>first album is great shoegaze with psychedelic and space rock influences
>second album is fantastic and underrated with lot of great tracks exluding the obvious Highlight history, has some filler though
>Urban Hymns is one of the most succesful albums of the 90s with iconic singles that easily rival Oasis first two albums, it also suffers from being overlong, but there are still some great tracks like Catching The Butterfly and One Day
>the 4th reunion album is actually pretty solid and underrated by both public and the fans
>Ashcroft is better vocalist than Liam and even Oasis have huge respect for him
>Nick McCabe is much more talented guitarist than Noel
>Ascroft's solo albums can fuck off
>>
is this the best song ever made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyu1KKwC74
>>
>>69643514
no but wonderwall is
>>
>>69643470
Objectively better
>>
they are very similar in how pretentious their leaders were and how they started pitiful solo projects
>>
I love the Verve. They just "do it" for me for some reason. So fucking rock n roll. Nick McCabe is great
>>
Both bands suck desu. Mainstream 4/4 pleb-tier garbage.
>>
File: 1402590099010.png (51KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1402590099010.png
51KB, 370x370px
>>69645120
Spotted the Death Grips fan
>>
>>69645138

I only listen to prog rock faggot. Get that brown people 4/4 shit out of my face.
>>
>>69645155
Well, if you like prog you could at least give The Verve's early stuff a spin, especially A Storm in Heaven. It has a lot of 70s psychedelic and Floyd influences
>>
>>69645208
This, their early stuff is great
>>
>>69643470
I love the guitar on their early EPs and debut and A Northern Soul has some of the best depressing breakup lyrics. Urban Hymns is good but drags on for too long. Forth was pretty mediocre.

I like oasis' first two albums although the vocals suck on their first one and Morning Glory has some corny moments. There isn't any other album in their discography I'd listen to but they still have some good songs
>>
>>69645281
It's also more similar to the 70s than 90s shoegaze, really unique sound
>>
>>69645120
>the only verve song he knows is bittersweet symphony
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.