[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Make music that makes hipsters think they're listening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>Make music that makes hipsters think they're listening to the best and smartest music in the world
>While also being a huge hit with normies and nearly topping charts everywhere

How did they do it?
>>
by being bad
>>
>>69628684
since when do hipsters like them?
>>
Hipsters and normies are pretty much the same thats why
>>
>>69628700
this
>>
>>69628723
yeah, the true hipster is kinda dead
>>
>>69628684
Tons of angst
>>
>>69628684
Emotional manipulation, accessibility, and earnest demeanors of the artists. What sells hot? Love songs. Why? Everybody wants someone to love and feel loved. This is called relateability, and 21 pilots used similar techniques with, "Stressed Out." The common traits among millenials include entitlement, emotional instability, immaturity, irresponsibility, and narcisism. The lyrics of that song play to these traits by constructing a narrative of a desire to return to childhood, where the world was focused on them and their wants because life is too hard. That speaks to a lot of young people, and since the music is full of hooks and isn't very complex, it's easy for the normal fags. Now look at the hipsters, same cockless assholes, different uniform. They're distinguished by their desire for (albiet superficial) uniquenesss. 21 Pilots brings said uniqueness to the table by blending multiple music styles into a juxtaposition that seems "different" and, "special." Because you can bet on hipsters being especially narcissistic, they tout this band like they're the shit for allegedly refined and unique individuals.
>>
>>69628710
Maybe middle school hipsters like them.
>>
>>69629208
^^^
>>
>>69629208
Did you actually waste the time typing this out holy shit you are retarded
>>
By "hipsters" I think you mean "post-scene kids".

>>69628710
This. I've never heard of any hipster who likes them.
>>
>>69629208
Saying they write songs a lot of millennials relate to is another way of saying they're good pop songwriters.
>>
>>69629450
Yes, I understand I made a reasonable argument that you can't logically refute, but no need to be upset.
>>
>>69629553
Yes, but I isolated millenials because at least from my experience, I often hear about how this band speaks to their generation. Still, you're correct in asserting them as good pop song writers.
>>
File: TRIGGD.png (504KB, 1055x875px) Image search: [Google]
TRIGGD.png
504KB, 1055x875px
>>69629208

think u just translated my thoughts to words
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.