[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in a local band, and I'm trying to find out what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1472936309656.jpg (251KB, 970x651px) Image search: [Google]
1472936309656.jpg
251KB, 970x651px
I'm in a local band, and I'm trying to find out what people want more: tapes or records. Would you rather pay $8 for a 7" record with 3 songs on it, or pay between $5 and $8 for a cassette tape with 6 songs?
>inb4 more songs for the same amount! Duh!
Some people prefer vinyl. Some people prefer cassette. I'm asking about format. Tapes can hold more, while still being cheaper to produce, but some people think vinyl is cooler.
>>
records
>>
I'd prefer vinyl, but I may be biased since I like to collect vinyl records.
Still, vinyl seems to be more popular, and has better sound quality, does it not?
>>
>>69626008
Even if its a bit more expensive, and holds less tracks?
>>
Records, but only because I don't own a tape deck.
>>
>>69625982
There is no way you can put out a cassette and not have it seem like the lamest shit in the world. Your question is CDs or Vinyl. Nobody wants a cassette, except fucking punks. I guarantee nobody will play your cassette.
>>
if you have to pick only one, you've got to choose vinyl... my buddy does merch for... well, they WERE a 'local' band, but they're blowing up pretty quickly now - and they offered both, he found that he was selling at least 3x as many 7"s then cassettes
>>
Go with vinyl, my dude.
>>
12" with 6 songs
>>
cassettes are inconvenient. vinyl is obviously inconvenient too but anyone nostalgic for cassettes (or video tapes for that matter) doesnt remember those tapes fucking up and getting all tangled/wearing down and eventually snapping/just the pain in the ass of operating a cassette player
>>
>>69625982
vinyl
go big or go home
plus records are harder to lose becuz they are so bulky. ive lost dozens of local band tapes. NEVER a record
>>
>>69625982
>Would you rather pay $8 for a 7" record with 3 songs on it, or pay between $5 and $8 for a cassette tape with 6 songs?
I feel like this question is completely irrelevant to the artist (you). You personally are going to be spending WAY more money pressing vinyl than dubbing tapes.
>>
>>69627772
Plus, why the hell would you charge $8 for a tape? Thats way too much, tapes should always be $5 or else people will think you care more about making money than putting out music.
>>
OP thats a picture of my local record store

what the fuck this feels weird
>>
>>69627365

>doesnt remember those tapes fucking up and getting all tangled/wearing down and eventually snapping/just the pain in the ass of operating a cassette player

only if you play cassettes from the 60's in either your car's stereo player or on a cheap walkman.
>>
>>69627829
aight theres levels to this shit what is happening
>>
>>69625982
How many tapes/records are you trying to produce?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.