[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post your favorite neil young song >don't let it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: everybody knows.jpg (79KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
everybody knows.jpg
79KB, 628x628px
post your favorite neil young song

>don't let it bring you down
>>
Love in Mind
>>
Pocahontas.

Ruse Never Sleeps is pretty much perfect.
>>
>>69619859
Cortez The Killer or Danger Bird
>>
After the Gold Rush
>>
Southern Man, especially the live 4 way street version. One of the best live recordings ever imo.
>>
>>69619859
live @ massey hall performance of that is one of my top Neil songs imo. My My Hey Hey is my #1
>>
>>69619859
Fuck that's suck a good song, probably that one.
>>
>'Til the Morning Comes
>When You're On the Losing End
>Cowgirl in the Sand
>Helpless, Helpless
>Out On the Weekend
>Words (Between the Lines of Age)
>>
horse with no name
>>
Will to Love
>>
On The Beach
Crime in the City
From Hank to Hendrix
>>
powderfinger
>>
Speakin' Out
>>
On the Beach
>>
Ambulance Blues
>>
>>69619859
>Tell Me Why

He's the most overrated musician of the 20th century
>>
File: Low Quality Bait.png (181KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Low Quality Bait.png
181KB, 600x600px
>>69623029
(You)
>>
>>69619859
never got that into neil young his voice always turned me off tbqh
>>
Tell Me Why
>>
Harvest Moon or Moving Pictures right now
>>
File: 1481495195865.jpg (47KB, 410x518px) Image search: [Google]
1481495195865.jpg
47KB, 410x518px
>>69623029
Stop hating on Neil Young.
>>
>>69623029
That's not Sting
>>
This is so difficult to answer... but for the sake of obscure cred, I'll go with Carmichael from his 2002 album Greendale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62LTlOO2Ry0

It was one of the most harrowing & wonderful body-floating-on-opiates tracks in existence. If you like 2000s chilled out Sonic Youth like Murray Street or Rather Ripped, you'll love this album.

>>69621147
HA

>>69622890
yes.

>>69623278
yes (to moving pictures, although it's actually motion pictures).
>>
Harvest Moon
>>
>>69623399
>motion pictures
Well I'll be dammed
>>
>>69623467
harvest moon is great too, but motion pictures is definitely a hidden gem.
>>
>>69623535
>I wouldn't buy sell borrow or trade
>Anything I have, to be like one of them
>I'd rather start all (voice gets lower) over again...
>>
Walk On
>I've only listened to OTB and ATGR
Any of his other albums anyone else particularly recommends? I liked OTB a lot more than ATGR
>>
>>69623564
Check out Tonight's The Night. It's a lot like OTB, but darker.

Time Fades Away is great too, but a bit more hastily recorded since it's all live takes.

There's so much lore about those 3 albums...
>>
>>69623634
Thanks anon
>>
>>69623564
Harvest is essential
>>
>>69620861
the acoustic part is a freakin bore tho
(on the other other the electric tracks are amazing..)
>>
>>69623725
IDK how familiar you are w/ his timeline or anything, but "Harvest" was his biggest mainstream hit. By the mid-70s he was disillusioned w/ folky pop & the pseudo-hippy industry & started making much darker and less polished music.

At the same time, his relationship w/ his bandmates started to strain and many of them were heavily into drugs. Two longtime collaborators - Danny Whitten & roadie Bruce Berry died from overdoses around the same time... and Tonight's The Night is dedicated to them.

Tonight's the Night, OTB & TFA are called the "Ditch Trilogy" because of how this period was a personal & professional low point. When he came out with "Zuma" in 1975, the sound was much more polished again and he was more commercially successful again (although Zuma is still an incredible & harrowing album in its own right.) The Ditch Trilogy albums were more DIY & lo-fi in their production, something a lot of ppl obviously took influence from years later.
>>
>>69623399
Greendale is one of the few albums I have immediately asked for a refund lol
Psychedelic Pill was ok, but his other post-2000 releases are trash.
>>
>>69623564
Tonight's the Night is his masterpiece, but incredibly dark. Check it out if you ever feel sad and want catharsis. OTB is kinda the overcoming of the pain that Tonight's the Night brought. Harvest is is iconic album, kind of a country-twinged ATGR.
>>
like-a-hurricane
>>
Into the Black
>>
>>69623931
>Greendale
Haha I can believe it's a bit polarizing --- you either love that kinda slow, repetitive guitar psychedelia or find it pretty damn boring. I'll admit, there's a few tracks I skip for being kinda uninspiring (incl the first one) but the middle of that album, tracks 3-6, are pure god-tier.
>>
>>69619859
down by the river
>>
helpless for sure!
>>
The first 3 songs of Broken Arrow
>>
>>69619859
Tell me why
>>
revolution blues is something my dad always loved

live at the filmore is the gfreatest thing ever though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDvVUOXO_Uw
>>
>>69623054
He really is. It's a joke that people put him up there with Dylan, Bowie, Cohen, McCartney, Reed, Hendrix etc

He looks like a literal retard too

His music just isn't interesting
>>
>>69626097
Also Harvest is a cheesy cringey over produced mess. Why the fuck is it so acclaimed?

And people think he's a great lyricist while he's actually not even not good but below average
>>
Dead Man OST anyone ?
>>
>>69626233
Loren MazzaCane Connors>>>>>Deadman OST
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.