[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/sicians think about Stockholm Syndrome? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Muse_stockholm.jpg (32KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Muse_stockholm.jpg
32KB, 300x300px
What does /mu/sicians think about Stockholm Syndrome? I'm talking to a girl who is literally obsessed with Muse and she says that its their best song. Is it a big red flag anons?
>>
muse is definitely one of the better mainstream bands. absolution is great.
>>
>Judging someone by their taste in music

How's high school?
>>
It's a great song imo
>>
>>69583690
>talking to a girl who is literally obsessed with Muse
Don't go out with underage girls anon
>>
I don't think about it much, I don't really listen to Muse puts out but I see them posted here a lot and if I saw someone listening to them I'd be like "Oh cool you listen to Muse!"

Overall? by no means perfect but a great album I'm sure.
>>
>>69583690
at least she doesn't say their best song is off anything after absolution.
the correct answer is Sunburn by the way
also
origin of symmetry > showbiz > absolution > fecal matter > the rest of their albums
>>
>>69583690
I'm literally obssesed with Muse too. Go linten Muse essentials and try your best. Btw Ruled by Secrecy is their best for me.
>>
>>69583858
yeah, I don't care much for their latest material. Showbiz, origins, absolution is all you really want. They have some pretty solid bsides too
>>
Muse are one of the few bands from my teens that I genuinely couldn't go back to without cringing, but I don't think they were actually bad in their prime (OoS and Absolution, the 2 albums either side of that were okay too). I just find them overly theatrical nowadays, that combined with the knowledge of how fucking awful they became is just ugh

Stockholm Syndrome was one of my favourites when I was 15 tho, that riff is undeniably cool

It's also a nice YLT song :)
>>
>>69583690
>he says that its their best song
She is correct

Citizen Erased or Newborn comes second
>>
>>69583690
Just ask a Muse expert
It's great when played live
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (117KB, 480x636px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
117KB, 480x636px
Red flag? Anon...

Rym likes it, if you are too worried
>>
>>69583858
>>69583908
>implying BHAR wasn't a solid album
>>
>>69583948
I'm a Muse expert...
>>
>>69583948
asked*
>>
>>69583958
it wasn't
>>
Muse are great, though their last few albums have been kinda weak, pop-y nonsense in places. Origin of Symmetry and Absolution are around the peak of their output
>>
>>69583958
it wasn't
>>
>>69583924
>I just find them overly theatrical nowadays

so true yet so sad. they are all talented and stuff but chris and dom should really stop matt from writing albums like drones...
>>
>>69583953
Wow you're subbed to RYM?
Post OoS ratings

>Ruled by Secrecy and Blackout rated so low
>>
>>69583788
You're right! Wanting to hang out with someone who shares interests with you is fucking stupid!
>>
>>69583948
tbqhwy every song played by them is great when played live. they are better at doing great shows than great albums nowadays
>>
>>69583987
>>69584018
>Take a Bow
>Map of the Problematique
>Assassin
>City of Delusion
>Knights of Cydonia

All fantastic tracks and as good as stuff on their first 3 albums
Resistance was real downfall, MK Ultra is the only good song there
>>
>>69583908
>They have some pretty solid bsides too

This, their b-sides album Hullabaloo is incredible
>>
>>69584079
umm, exogenesis???
>>
>>69583908
You forgot origin of symmetry anon
>>
>>69584079
Map of the Problematique's great. I should really give Black holes another listen it's been years
>>
>>69584079
>Map of the Problematique
lowkey their best song
>>
Stockholm Syndrome is apparently their 5th most palyed song live

>>69584069
I saw them live twice and can confirm
They did hell of a show with rotating stage
>>
>>69583908
nvm, didn't notice you just said origins
>>
>>69584079
>MK Ultra is the only good song there
What about Unnatural Selection

Even their shitty last two albums had 1-2 decent songs like Animals, Rerapers and The Handler
>>
>>69583924
Being overly theatrical has always been their shtick, embracing it is how you enjoy their music.
>>
>>69584026
Okay, i will post it, but do your guess for the tracks first! :)
>>
>>69584179
My guess is that New Born, Space Dementia, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased and Feeling Good are rated highest and Screenager with Darkshines lowest.
>>
File: 2deep4u.jpg (79KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
2deep4u.jpg
79KB, 900x900px
>EURA- SIA, EURA -SIA, EURA -SIA
>literal song written for Twilight
>WUUUUUB WUB WUB WUB UNSUS-SUS-SUSTAINABLE
>fucking everything the song Survival is and stands for
>BOW CHIKA WOW WOW BOOM A FUKKEN PSYCHO
>that fucking Drones album cover

How did this band become so comically bad?

The 2nd Law is legitimately THE worst album I have ever listened to all the way through.
>>
>this thread
Fuck now I'll have to re-listen to Absolution for nostalgia sake
>>
File: Untitlednumbertwo.jpg (95KB, 480x517px) Image search: [Google]
Untitlednumbertwo.jpg
95KB, 480x517px
>>69584224
Hey, not bad
>>
>>69584235
survival is cool tho :c
>>
>>69584498
No
>>
>>69584325
plug in baby higher rated than citizen erased...
>>
killed by
drones
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.