[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this album make you feel? What is your favourite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

How does this album make you feel? What is your favourite song and why?
>>
File: 1481231827866.jpg (512KB, 558x460px) Image search: [Google]
1481231827866.jpg
512KB, 558x460px
I'm not really into Death Grips or hip-hop in general, but I absolutely love this album. It's the furthest I've heard the boundaries of the genre pushed so far, but if anybody knows of any similarly ""innovative"" rap albums, tell me. I'd love to hear them. My favorite song on here is either Say Hey Kid or Billy Not Really.
>>
Niggas on The Moon makes me feel very comfortable in a weird way. My favorite song is Viola and Big Dipper. They're just great songs overall, Stefan's scream in Viola is spine tingling and the rolling bouncing Bjork vocals are fun to listen to. Big Dipper's hook is one of my favorites. The ending is great too.
>>
>>69562702
Black Quarterback, it's also in my top 5 Death Grips songs. It's one of the most "rap" songs for Death Grips and the joycean boastful lyrics on it and all those references to occultism thrown in make for one of the best rap songs of the 10's, even though it is overlooked by everyone and everything.

Also, Say Hey Kid. That "Support, gravity, my people would" mantra is impactful as fuck
>>
love say hey kid and big dipper the most
the tempo changes in say hey kid get me hyped every time
>>
It's my current favorite album of any genre. I love listening to it in my car so loud that everything's shaking. The samples sound like a tornado of someone's short-circuiting cybernetic brain going haywire. The vocals are insane with Ride at his most dynamic and the lyrics match, they are unabashedly poetic, like something I'd hear in a dingy low-lit NYC poetry reading club.

I really feel like death grips did something unique and artistic with this one. People on this board are so desperate to say that's "cringe" and death grips are doing nothing new, but if there is *anything* with the same batshit crazy sound as this album I want to know about it.
>>
File: notmnotes.jpg (127KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
notmnotes.jpg
127KB, 750x750px
It's an incredible album and it never seems to get old. It's fascinating what they do with the genre on this one, the use of sampling is taken so far that it's still identifiably very "hip hop" but it's at the same time completely alien in its production and performance.

Favorites are Billy Not Really & Voila

It's the Death Grips album that has held up the best for me, I've yet to get tired of it, it seems like it just grows more and more on me with repeated listens. Every song seems like it has its own approach and style, there's very little repetition, which is ironic considering the fact that the samples at first make this album feel like one hazy long song. Really feels like they had a concise idea for every song on here and none are attempting the same thing.
>>
another highlight for me is the 3rd verse of Up My Sleeves
that brief moment of silence before Ride comes in full of energy
>TSK TSK TSK
so fucking good
>>
I'M SO
>>
Their best album by a lot, best songs are Billy Not Really and Have a Sad Cum
>>
I personally hope DG go back to a more abstract sound. It seems like after GP and NotM people thought they might ditch hip hop completely and go really experimental, but now it's two albums in a row with super hardcore influence. Definitely pretty much the opposite of what I expected.
>>
>>69563823
notm's experimentality is nice because it is abstract but not chaotic or random, which is what is usually considered "experimental" but i hate the random kind of experimentality because it shows the artists lack skills
>>
>>69563659
I think the outro to Up My Sleeves is the highlight of the song, the moment where all those sporadic Bjork samples suddenly become cohesive with the heavy pulsating beat being added into the mix, also makes that transition to Billy Not Really seamless.
>>
>>69562794
Listen to Dälek
Sounds a little dated now but you'll probably like them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.