[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This further proves Control System was just a fluke. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
This further proves Control System was just a fluke.

He should just stop now.
>>
>>69559713
He's never been fucking good. Every criticism of Cole could also be said for Soul. He comes off as some dude that really tries hard to come off as smart, and then two seconds later, you realize he's just saying stupid shit.
>>
>>69559713
Couldn't have said it better myself

After the first song I was like oh my God amazing
2nd song I was like ok still pretty good
3rd I was like ok not bad

Then it just nosedived into oblivion and I couldn't even see the surface
>>
>>69559892
Except he has been good.
I take that back, he IS good.

His lyrics are top notch when he isn't talking TOO MUCH about muh ancient egyptian references and muh occult references.

This album just came off as outright pretentious to me.
His lyrics are stupid and embarassing to listen to, he tries to sound clever, and although he has other pseudointellectuals fooled, he doesn't fool me.
His lines are bland, I'm pretty sure he recycled some lines at least in three different songs.
His flow on this was garbage too.

The only thing decent about this was some of the production.

He can never top Control System and he knows it.
>>
>pseudointellectuals
>hasn't fooled me
Kek. Stfu and enjoi the album.
>>
File: 1480446735206.png (41KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
1480446735206.png
41KB, 185x185px
>>69561318
Yeah I realized halfway through typing that essay that it might have been a bit contradictive but I was trying to prove a point faggot

How can I enjoy something that is not good?

Also the way you typed that post makes me think you're either underage or outright retarded
>>
reactions to this album only prove why hip hop heads are retarded
>>
>>69559892
wrong
>>
ab-soul was never good
did you guys actually like this guy
>>
>>69562743
how? it's a poor album and niggas are noticing
>>
>this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down

the lyrics on this album are hilarious
>>
>>69559713
>oh look he mentioned crowley again
>>
when's hiphop going to be over?
people thought rock music was going to last forever. It's irrelevant now.
Hip hop's turn?
>>
>>69562920
it's a play on fresh prince's opening song
>>
>>69563023

I know that's why it's so funny lol
>>
>>69559948
the first 4 songs were great for me and after that there was only good wordplay, but nothing catchy and trash hooks.

the production is boring as fuck, he has bars but the songs are so boring, that when i listened to the album and D.R.U.G.S came up i was a bit excited even tho i didn't like the song prior to the album release, it's just that the middle part of the album is so fucking boring.

i had a feeling ab will disappoint me and he did
>>
I thought it was a solid album. Probably as many tracks here that I liked as on Control System.
I think Soul is definitely way overhyped though, it's hard to tell if he's lyrically great or absolute garbage at times.
>>69563021
Rock music isn't really irrelevant
>>
>>69559713
this dude is as corny as hopsin and ruins every song he's a feature on
>>
yall aint off that dirty dirty
>>
soulo killed the feminist rap game goddamn
>>
Occult the rap album
It's pretty dope to me
>>
>>69559713
It's too long that's for sure.
He likes wordplay a bit too much that's for sure.
The beats and rapping in the middle section from 3-12 are amazing. His constant flow switches, finding patterns between the bars to get his lyrics in, phenomenal. You can tell he listened to those beats for hours, dissected them and rapped exactly how he wanted on each track. Top Dawg said Ab's own perfectionism was delaying the album release, and this time, I believe him. It's the best I've ever heard him rap on any project he's ever put out. The feminist slant to alot of the content wasn't expected (especially with shitty lines like flag designed by fags) but it works for him, and I believe him when he says it. Ab soul and Mac Miller write together a lot so I guess it's not all that surprising they both came out with such female centered albums this year.

Huey Knew, Threatening Nature, INvocation, Wifey vs. WiFi , Beat the case, Now You Know, D.R.U.G.S all among his best songs. Leagues above These Days. TDE albums from Kendrick, Q, Rashad and Soul this year. Good year.
>>
definitely best rap album alongside the suns tirade this year
>>
Yall crazy this album is amazing. It's his second best piece of work.
>>
Reddit Soul.
>>
>>69567488
are you out of your mind
>>
>>69569350
It is. Because he onky has three albums and These Days... was terrible.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.