[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start with Eгop Лeтoв and Гpaждaнcкaя oбopoнa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 5038455131ff21ef76cc97fb90a.jpg (322KB, 713x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5038455131ff21ef76cc97fb90a.jpg
322KB, 713x1000px
Where do I start with Eгop Лeтoв and Гpaждaнcкaя oбopoнa /mu/? Also any other Russian bands worth checking out?
>>
>>69558812
nice cade

no, there are no other russian bands worth checking out

only XS Project because he makes the best hardbass
>>
>>69558812
ARKONA
R
K
O
N
A
other Russian bands are for pretentious hipster faggots
>>
Pyccкoe Пoлe Экcпepимeнтoв is probably his best work also try Здopo и Beчнo. And although lyrics are pretty absurdist most of the time, you should consider translating them.
>>
>>69559573
Thanks! I've only just started with Russian but I'll definitely try, that's actually the main reason why I'm asking, music helps me a lot with learning a language.
>>
>>69558825
Surely there are more?

I've only listened to one of Yegor's albums. Sorry to ask, but could you recommend some?
>>
>>69559710
Check out his album Cтo Лeт Oдинoчecтвa, it's a psych rock masterpiece.
>>
>>69559710
OP here, I also listened to Oптимизм already and it was p gud, it will probably grow on me, so maybe check that out too.
>>
>>69558812
>Where do I start with Eгop Лeтoв and Гpaждaнcкaя oбopoнa /mu/?
you don't.
especially if you don't speak russian.
but even if you are, lyrics are delirious nonsense that people find pseudo-intellectual most of the time, which is placebo.
it's interesting only from linguistic stand point, as for music - it is basic at best and mostly samey.
>any other Russian bands worth checking out?
plenty, but you should find them yourself
>>
Cepгeй Кypёхин is awesome, love his record with Henry Kaiser.
>>
Auktyon is pretty famous, the lyrics are kinda obnoxious at times but they're one of the weirdest bands to get a serious following and they still play. Leonid Fedorov's solo work is pretty good too

Kino is classic but if you didn't grow up with Tsoi posters on your wall you may find it lacking

Letov's work is great but it can be very tryhard and if you don't speak Russian a good deal of his albums be lost on you because of usage of field recordings/spoken word tracks that have nothing else going on

Oleg Sudakov and some of his projects are okay if you like noisy industrial stuff

Yanka Dyagileva is also classic, a bit more accessible for non-Russian speakers but her lyrics aren't much different from any other anxious female singer/songwriter really

Sergey Kuryokhin and Pop-Mechanicha are good but they can be a bit pretentious

Strange Games is good if you have a tolerance for ska but they can be annoying

Hronop's early 90s stuff is good, avoid the newer stuff

Nautilus Pompilius always sounded annoying and pretentious to me but lots of people like them

If you're looking for a weird and unique Slavic music scene, the early 90s Ukrainian New Scene in Kiev and Kharkov is the way to go.
>>
>>69559619
Welp, Letov`s lyrics is mostly pseudo-"deep" mess based on "adj + noun" formula, if you wish music to help you with learning russian try something else.
>>
>>69560322
I see, thanks for the heads up. The lyrics don't seem like my kind thing from the little that I can understand now, I guess I can see the tryhard and pseudo-deep comments. Musically it's alright tho.
>>69560222
Will definitely give those a listen, thank you! It's funny to me that you find a lot of the lyricism in the bands you mentioned pretentious. It is usually the same with Polish bands for me. I wonder if it's just due to the familiarity with the native language or the culture or if our bands are just really pretentious.
>>
The only good russian band is Kino
>>
File: a1332413690_10[1].jpg (96KB, 1200x1189px) Image search: [Google]
a1332413690_10[1].jpg
96KB, 1200x1189px
Please check Химepa (Chimera).
It didn't become as well known as Гpaждaнcкaя Oбopoнa because the lead singer commited suicide pretty early on. Their album ZUDWA is the most critically acclaimed one, check it out!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(Russian_band)
>>
Zvuki Mu are pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_0aXsWPltk
>>
Chernyi Lukich is good, Vadim Kuzmin was basically Russian Mark Kozelek
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.