[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Denver just shut down Rhinoceropolis, the most prominent underground

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
Denver just shut down Rhinoceropolis, the most prominent underground DIY venue in the city. A response to Ghost Ship burning in Oakland, which is suspected to be purposely set alight to remove what the city and developers see as "vagrancy".

There is, it would seem, a coordinated effort to destroy the underground art and music scene and the spaces artists live in growing cities. They're commonly replaced by redevelopment companies who sell upscale property with the guise of "art districts" and other culturally alluding buzzwords. The fact is, they're pushing out the actual people who create the culture and shipping in corporate art to sell the atmosphere of it being rich with creativity.

The era of underground culture is being intentionally buried. It's time to stand the fuck up to the developers, city officials, and anyone else who tries to rip artists up by their roots.
>>
>>69558623
They government really detest counter-culture these days, and nip it in the bud before it grows.
>>
File: CyLCrBtXAAEglTh.jpg (148KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CyLCrBtXAAEglTh.jpg
148KB, 900x1200px
>a bunch of smelly degenerates no longer have a place to sodomize each other while abusing drugs

Sounds good to me.
>>
>>69558710

rich people do that too, so what's your point?
>>
>>69558641
they don't want another hippie thing happening and tbqf neither do i
there's a difference between 'underground culture' and sorority girls wearing beads they bought from a department store to a phish concert
and the hippie was nothing more than another culture that was marketed to us

sorry to hear, anon.
luckily it hasn't hit minne too bad.
best of luck and godspeed.
>>
>>
>>69558816
>there's a difference between 'underground culture' and sorority girls wearing beads they bought from a department store to a phish concert
I know that, i don't live in America.
>>
>>69558732
Maybe, but not in public.
>>
>>69558710
this desu

these diy "artists" deserve to get purge when the day of the rope commences
>>
>>69558623
>underground DIY
what is this?
>>
>>69558923
a craft shop thats 40 feet below the earth surface
>>
>>69558623
As somebody who has frequented this space and been a part of this community for a while, this is all truly shitty. Rhino has has so many amazing shows, so many great artists have played and still do play there. Denver's scene seems to be on a really high note this past year, seeing a staple in the community go so abruptly is really concerning and scary. Glad to hear that everybody who was forced out has a place to stay for the time being, and I hope this doesn't push futhur on to other Denver DIY communities.
>>
just move to the hood and live in a practice space

>>69558935
that is funny
>>
>>69558843
Kek
>>
>>69559041
this is the solution
if you live in a practice space, you can do your own shows there, just to like five people
>>
>>69558732
Maybe. But they smell better and do it in private. Not in a mouldy warehouse full of hemp stems and "art."
>>
>>69560514
Either way, you're obviously nowhere near it
>>
Yep, this is payback. You control the media, we control the real world.
>>
>>69561610
This isn't left wing right wing you obsessive blinkered turd
>>
DIY venues have opened and closed everywhere for the entirety of the existence of music. Don't worry, more spaces will pop up.
>>
>>69561610
Slit your wrists
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.