[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I only buy original edition vinyl or it is fine to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1011.jpg (201KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1011.jpg
201KB, 1600x1063px
Should I only buy original edition vinyl or it is fine to buy reissues?
>>
>>69558234
do whatever you fucking want

stop looking to /mu/ for approval
>>
>>69558373
This. Do you want to own a piece of history and preserve it? Buy an original. Want to just play it and have the big artwork? Get a reissue (or ideally a heavyweight remaster).
>>
>>69558234
its very expensive and difficult to find original pressings in mint condition so i see no reason you would ever even want one unless its simply for vintage collection reasons or poor remaster
>>
>>69558234
most modern vinyl is sourced from digital masters so really completely useless desu.
>>
I'd only ever seek out originals if it's an album I really, really like. That or if the reissue's known to be worse quality
>>
>>69558234
Compact Discs sound better, last longer and take up less space.
>>
>>69558501
Personal preferrence.
>>
>>69558512
It's scientifically measurable.
Vinyl doesn't even reach 16 bits of SNR.
>>
It really depends on how much you want to shill out for an original pressing.
Some bands and artists really do care for reissues - take Zappa records and their new reissues of his discography - all sourced from the original analog recordings. Same with Rush and Nick Drake, just off the top of my head.

You can always check out on the Steve Hoffman forums for reviews or comparisons between reissues. Most reissues don't state whether it's digitally or analog sourced, but I'd be willing to bet that some dude on that forum hasn't figured it out.
>>
>>69558518
I watch a lot of old movies. You might say they look or sound worse but I find them more entertaining then they shit they shovel us with today
>>
>>69558234
Reissues are fine but just do some searching and check comments to make sure it's a solid reissue
>>
>>69558234
There's a lot inbetween "original" and "remaster". They're called repressings and they're usually your cheapest option. Not collectible like originals and not overpriced like stupid 180g "TOP 500 ROCK ALBUMS BY ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE" repressings. Get those if you can. For example I bought the entire Led Zep discography for 4 bucks each in a record store which is damn near what an EPIC 180G REPRESSING IV goes for alone.

Also this. >>69558526 Some repressings are hot shit and some are great. Get the cheaper option if the pressing is the same, but if fidelity means a lot to you, then maybe spend extra on an earlier/original pressing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.