[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw absolutely everyone seems to love rap but i CANNOT enjoy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: 1474930046419.jpg (114KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1474930046419.jpg
114KB, 728x546px
>tfw absolutely everyone seems to love rap but i CANNOT enjoy it
its... its such a pain
i dont think i know anyone who is really into music and doesnt like rap/hiphop
sometimes i hate myself so much for not being able to like it, and i want to pretend that i do but im too insecure to lie about it
i just cant understand why people like it so much
is it the lyrics? the chill melodies? is it just a big fucking meme???
>>
>>69547113
what rap have you listened to before? what didn't you like about it?
>>
>>69547113
different people like it for different reasons.
i come for the beats and how the rapping compliments the beats, for some people it's the opposite. the lyrics are better than 99% of any other genre's lyrics (anyone who disagrees doesn't listen to hip hop), so if you're into that you'd like it.
there's enough variety in the genre for everyone to find something they like. what have you listened to so far?
>>
>>69547113
the main point is either fun/party music or music that is about reality. if you don't like either you have shit taste.
>>
It's the beats
>>
>>69547113
don't conform. if it isn't your thing thats fine. don't pretend to like something for anyone you'll make yourself miserable. just be yourself, anon and find like minded people
>>
>>69547139
>>69547155
ive tried a lotta things, nothing seems to work for me
mostly remember trying to listen to kanye west, mf doom, deltron 3030, and aesop rock
if i can enjoy anything out of it its probably the beats, the instrumental album of deltron 3030 is really nice, but thats as far it goes, i definitely enjoyed it but i didnt really like it as much as everyone seems to like the genre

>>69547197
thing is, i cant find anyone who doesnt like it
every single time that music comes up in a conversation everyone pretty much only talks about hip hop and rap
>>
>>69547315
try southern rap if you are looking to sample rap that's different from what gets posted on /mu/

boss hogg outlaws, dj screw, dj dmd, triple six mafia, fat pat, lil keke, big mello, etc
>>
I know this is cringe-worthy, but Death Grips are legitimately worth trying out. NOTM is the only rap album I've ever liked.
>>
>>69547530
well uh
i fucking love death grips, but im not sure if that really counts
i like it more for its resemblance to punk and listen to it for the weird loud noises
>>
File: MI0002447492.jpg (79KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
MI0002447492.jpg
79KB, 500x493px
>>69547598
try the pharcyde

they really made me think and eventually i started to like hip hop
>>
>>69547155
"the lyrics are better than 99% of any other genre's lyrics"

Not even remotely true.
>>
>>69547370
>>69547971
alright, will check this out whenever i can then
thanks guys
>>
OP, you are a pretentious cunt. Stop caring what others listen to.

Holy shit, I fucking hate this place.
>>
literally nothing wring with not liking rap. its honestly just a subpar genre and less musically interesting than pretty much anything else.
>>
>>69547155
>the lyrics are better than 99% of any other genre's lyrics

Literally the most stupid thing I've read on the Internet in the last 4 hours.
>>
>>69547315
>mostly remember trying to listen to kanye west, mf doom, deltron 3030, and aesop rock
Nigga all of these besides Kanye are not entry-level.
For someone who isn't into rap they should all be kind of difficult to listen to or to appreciate
>>
I used to feel the same, I don't hate hip hop, but it just didn't grab me, I didn't know how to appreciate it. I watched a bunch of videos about rap on a whim because they were interesting. Once you realize hip hop is all about the wordplay, and learn about internal and multisyllabic rhyme, you have a greater appreciation for the musicality of it.

If you're interested, this video is pretty interesting, also all of hiphopDX's channel on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/QWveXdj6oZU

That said, if you hate it, don't feel bad and don't force yourself. You're supposed to like your hobbies.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfPP4YC8lLI
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0hl6E9IrMY
>>
>>69547113
It's not a bad thing, it means you have taste.
>>
>>69547155
>the lyrics are better than 99% of any other genre's lyrics
Literally just "we wuz kangs and oppressed n shit, nigga". The best lyrics in music will always be the ancient music-poetry.
>>
>>69548579
>The best lyrics in music will always be the ancient music-poetry.

These are the types of people who do not like rap, OP.
>>
>>69548602
What's that supposed to mean?
>>
Who actually is the artist for the wikihow images and why is he so amazing?
>>
>>69548612
it means people who don't like rap are invariably jabronis

take >>69548587 for instance; jabroni
>>
>>69548612
You tell me.
>>
>>69548645
I'm paid to act like an asshole so the audience feels good when I take a dive against John Cena?
>>
>>69547113

Real talk I didn't like hip hop for the longest time, I just continually looked for rap that appealed to specific sensibilities to help me get into the genre.

I'm a fan of slower, gloomy, sad music so I tried Earl Sweatshirt and I loved it. Just gotta keep looking for what's out there.
>>
>>69548687
"An obnoxious person, a loser (most often said of males), especially one who portrays themselves to be more powerful, competent or important than they really are"
>>
>>69548840
Yeah, but do people actually use it that way? Can you quote someone using it and the other person not asking what he means?
>>
>>69548866
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFq1DG9Hjuw
>>
>>69548866
you're a jabroni
>>
>>69548886
And you're a parsley farmer.
>>
>>69548885
Is that a hip hop song advocating personal responsibility? I like it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.