[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another year gone by and still nothing compares to Ys. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Ys_cover.jpg (28KB, 337x295px) Image search: [Google]
Ys_cover.jpg
28KB, 337x295px
Another year gone by and still nothing compares to Ys.

When will music top this? Never? Soon? Discuss.
>>
File: e75.jpg (5KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
e75.jpg
5KB, 251x251px
>>69541746
>>
File: cover.jpg (199KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
199KB, 620x620px
>>69541746
Visions > anything by Joanna
>>
File: gahdamn.png (264KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gahdamn.png
264KB, 400x400px
>>69541746
>>69541798
>>
Is it really that much better than Divers?
>>
>>69541834
Divers is her worst album. Even worse than TMEM
>>
>>69541834
OP here,

Honestly I think Joanna is one of the most consistent artists, who just happens to be one of the best on top of that.

MEM is her weakest simply when compared to the others (fuggin gr8 especially as an intro) but every other album of hers as a more cohesive theme/style/etc.

Ys = HOOM = Divers > MEM if only because it's hard to pick a favorite child, ya know?
>>
File: Picard.jpg (28KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
Picard.jpg
28KB, 630x473px
>>69541938
>>
>>69541932
>TMEM
>bad
>>
>>69541746
HOOM is at least as good

>>69541798
lmao
>>
>>69542589
>lmao
You just pretend laughing because you know that Grimes is so much better than Joanna Newsom. It's innovative synthy art pop vs boring harp folk. And I'm not even talking about Joanna's ridiculous voice...
>>
>>69542686
Joanna Newsom:
>Musically trained
>Harp since child
>Afro + Celtic influences
>Worked with Van Dyke Park

Grimes:
>Didn't shower
>Lived on a raft
>Maybe if I push buttons and moan, sounds will come out
>"Guys I'm creative, Aliens are real!"
>>
i dont like joanna newsom
>>
>>69542800
>responding to grimesposters
>>
i know a girl who is recording an hipster ass album that will come out in 2017, i guarantee it will be here and you all will be sucking her off.
>>
>>69541746
>there are 'people' who prefer HOOM or Divers to Ys or MEM
plebs eh?
>>
>>69542800
>Grimes
>nothing about her music
That shows what kind of idiot and ignorant you are.
>>
Have One On Me is better desu
>>
>>69541932
No. MeM is good but sometimes way, way too twee. Divers is a lot better.
>>
>>69542936

how's the reading comprehension there?
>>
>>69541746
She's the best artist of the generation.
>>
>>69543555
>MeM is good but sometimes way, way too twee
You shouldn't reveal that you go on reddit so blatantly around these parts, pal. This here is the underbelly of the internet, the 'bad neighbourhood'. Don't make comments like that, kid. It will only get yourself hurt.....
>>
>>69544088
I don't go on reddit. I'm just not a fan of some of the lyrics - they seem a bit too forced and I'm not too big on "whimsy". Also some of the instrumentation clashes with the timbre of her voice imo.

Not a bad album in any way shape or form, I just prefer Divers.
>>
>>69543741
>how's the reading comprehension there?
>implying that was discussion about music and not some shitty shitposting
Wake up, moron.
>>
File: 1367936164695.jpg (120KB, 500x623px) Image search: [Google]
1367936164695.jpg
120KB, 500x623px
joanna newsom is consuming my life

each time i listen to one of her records i wanna listen to it again right after

mem > divers tho. peach plum pear, i mean come on
>>
>>69545951
i can't even make it through her albums because i have to repeat each song after i listen to it once.
i rarely make it to monkey and bear on ys nowadays, i generally just listen to emily five or six times in a row and don't get any further into the album
it's too good
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.