[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this? He's my favorite artist of all time. House

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1200x630bf.jpg (110KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1200x630bf.jpg
110KB, 1200x630px
Thoughts on this?
He's my favorite artist of all time. House of Balloons is absolutely perfect.
With that said, I'm still not going to just blindly like anything he shits out.
I like the album though. I love the 80's sound, and I love that he was self aware enough not to fall into the Hollywood lifestyle. It speaks a lot about him as a person to me.
The track called reminder really sets the record straight on just what he's all about imo.
>>
>>69527955
starboy was alright, his style changed a bit too much for me. HoB is 10/10 for sure tho.
>>
Haven't listened and not really excited to.

I liked the first single, but it's been the case that I only find myself digging 2-3 tracks off any given release of his these days - his output since the trilogy has been so shoddy
>>
File: 1436553716743.jpg (20KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1436553716743.jpg
20KB, 258x245px
>He's my favorite artist of all time
>>
>>69528031
The good tracks are
>Party Monster
>Reminder
>Rockin
>Secrets
>Sidewalks
>Six Feet Under
>A Lonely Night
>Ordinary Life
>All My Life
>Die for You
>I Feel It Coming

Damn. There's actually quite a few.
>>
>>69527955
>He's my favorite artist of all time.
jesus you're easy to impress
>>
>>69528176
rockin is straight ass, all my life and die for you are shit as well. i feel it coming is literally vaporwave. the rest i agree with you on
>>
File: 3ab.jpg (20KB, 849x467px) Image search: [Google]
3ab.jpg
20KB, 849x467px
>>69528156
I'm 26 years old too.
Now you can really laugh.
I can't help it though.
I remember back when he was uploading to YouTube anonymously. That shit was great.
Frogposter.
>>
>>69528260
>filthy frank reaction image
>"I'm 26 years old"

Something makes me doubt you
>>
>>69528353
Fair enough.
>>
>>69527955
"Don't take my number
Don't want your number
I'll call you back if that head right baby
I won't love you
I can't love you
Unless that pussy got some super powers"

"And we did it on the floor
That's why she walking kind of funny"

"Dick made out of magic
My tongue got superpowers
I woke up in the morning models passed out in the shower"

Some stuff from trilogy was okay.

Kissland was no.
Madness w/e is a no.

His hair is shit. He's an MJ ripoff whenever he can.

Lyrically, he's a fucking moron and I pity a 26 year old who reads the above lyrics and is satisfied with their music choice.

He's very low brow. His music is almost entirely hedonistic garbage, talking about his using and abusing women and telling an already spoiled and whiny generation to be more spoiled and give in to pleasure.

At least when Biggie did this, he talked about the darker sides of life and had actual talent.

Go listen to some Miles Davis and Radiohead. Listen to old Kanye. How can you like this trash over The Beach Boys or Tchaikovsky? Stop falling for the meme rap. The Weeknd is pure garbage, with a few """hot""" songs to his name. he's not an artist, he just likes looking like one.
>>
File: bella-hadid-the-weeknd-vs-show.jpg (59KB, 760x506px) Image search: [Google]
bella-hadid-the-weeknd-vs-show.jpg
59KB, 760x506px
>>69527955
well, I super liked the Weeknd myself, so I know how you feel

but that was 3 years ago
that phase ended with starboy. I really liked the first two singles, was super hyped but the album is meh

Abel is a very talented singer, maybe even the greatest alive.
But the dumped Bella Hadid so he will always be a looser
>>
>not to fall into the Hollywood lifestyle
>cocaine
>cars
>models
>more drugs
>houses
>more bitches
>have I already said cocaine?
>>
>>69528739
Have you even listened to his old music? Jesus.
>>
>>69528766
yes

>loneliness
>drug abuse
>fucking bitches (wait but you just said you lived in the streets)
>I just met this girl and I love her
>more metaphors about music

Dude I like Abel but c'mon don't try to tell me this shit is deep. We can all relate to it, yes.

it's called pop music for a reason
>>
File: 1481124719864.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481124719864.png
755KB, 767x720px
>>69529022
I never once said that though. Or even implied it. So...ok?
I just like his music. I doesn't have to be as complex as you're making it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.