[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any guitarists that have come on the scene in the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

Are there any guitarists that have come on the scene in the last twenty years that don't fucking suck? Whenever I hear a "best guitarist" debate, they're always from the 80s or before.
>>
Kevin Shields
>>
i mean josh homme didn't really get big until the early 2000s so i guess that sort of counts, but yeah pickings are slim
>>
The two dudes from Preoccupations
>>
>>69518590
Isaac Brock
>>
>>69518590
mostly Norwegian ones
>>
I was gonna say Buckethead but then realised he's been active since the late-80s

You can probably blame that faggot Kurt Cobain for lack of good guitarists. He made an entire generation think you only need to know 3 chords to be a good lead guitarist. The generation before had the likes of Jimmi Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen as influences which is why the 80s had loads of good ones.
>>
Laur Joamets
>>
Synyster Gates
>>
>>69518590
Tosin Abasi
>>
No. Musical trends thankfully change and Van Helen / Clapton types disappeared so far up their own asses no one wants to hear it anymore.
>>
>>69519802
kek
>>
>>69519830
The fact you lump those two together shows the extent of your musical knowledge
>>
File: bellycorgan.jpg (109KB, 480x721px) Image search: [Google]
bellycorgan.jpg
109KB, 480x721px
the last real guitar hero was Bicorg, but he was gunshy and rarely let it rip on their records because 'muh restraint'
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 266x190px
Jonny Greenwood
>>
>>69519972
he claims people don't want to hear shredding thus he works with that one dumb mixer guy and wants to make *muh pop records*
>>
>>69518590
Dont suck as in...?

Theres plenty of guitarists who show restraint, write music AND let it rip when necessary. Theres also guitarists who can write great riffs too. I dont get what you mean
>>
>>69518590
This is such a subjective question. What do you mean by "don't suck"?
Are you looking for like a guitar virtuoso or someone who can really go with what the music is dictating?
>>
>>69518590
Yeah, but they all play prog rock, death metal, or power metal.
>>
>>69518590
>he doesn't listen to guitar solos by Japanese traps

pleb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl_ZgBcL_RQ
>>
>>69518590
because nobody gives a shit about "best" in music anymore, in fact they don't care who the band is they only care about the music itself
>>
>>69519727
>You can probably blame that faggot Kurt Cobain for lack of good guitarists. He made an entire generation think you only need to know 3 chords to be a good lead guitarist. The generation before had the likes of Jimmi Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen as influences which is why the 80s had loads of good ones.
birth of a pasta
>>
>>69518590
Technical ability with guitar hasn't been relevant since the 80s

unless you play autist shit like metal or prog
>>
>>69518688
Who?

Also viet cong has good guitarists
>>
>>69518695
this
>>
>>69519802
\m/ xD
>>
Guthrie Govan is pretty good, and he has a cracking set of pearly whites
>>
>>69520013
Hasn't played guitar since like 1995
>>
Mac Demarco is the guitarist I mostly enjoy from recent years.
I get that he's not actually very good but I'm siding with
>>69522421
>>69524136
>>
Tosin Abasi, Nick Johnston, Aaron Marshall, Plini
>>
>>69518590

>whenever I hear a "best guitarist" debate, they're always from the 80s or before

Probably because the people who usually have stupid arguments like that are utterly clueless about music as a whole and just want to root for a classic team like it's some sort of bizarre sport, they don't know any other guitarists.
>>
File: images (68).jpg (24KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (68).jpg
24KB, 443x332px
John 5
>>
Chris Broderick, he fucking shreds
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.