[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys usually do for Mixing/Mastering? Do you do it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Mastering.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px)
Mastering.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
What do you guys usually do for Mixing/Mastering? Do you do it yourself? Have you considered getting your tracks mixed and mastered by someone else?
I'm trying to get into freelance mixing and mastering and I was wondering how many people actually get their music mixed and mastered instead of doing it themselves.
>>
>>69518389

I recommend doing it yourself. Just because that the amount of times my friends have gone to a studio and the mixer there doesn't have a clue what he's doing is ridiculous.

It's actually quite easy, watch a few tutorials on youtube.

The trick is understanding that there aren't any rules set in stone. Learn the functions of an EQ, Limiter, Compressor, etc. From there just experiment.

It's much cheaper and will benefit you in the long run.
>>
>>69518418
I do mix and master my own stuff, I was wondering if people actually look for these kinds of services.
>>
>>69518389
idk what mastering or mixing is but i tend to adjust the sample volumes and adding in say multiband or other effects before finishing mp3
sidechain also tends to make your kicks sound louder
>>
>>69518454
I didn't know it was possible to be able to use sidechain compression and to not know what mastering and mixing is at the same time.
>>
I mix everything down myself, but I'll leave mastering to someone else. After listening to your own track repeatedly, you lose objectivity and won't get the best out of the mastering. You want someone with fresh ears who can spot what needs tweaking without going overboard
>>
>>69518454

Multiband dynamics only gives you a rough idea of what it'd sound like mastered. It's better learning how to mix down to get the best, most balanced mix you can as it'll only need a minimal mastering then
>>
>>69518510
this is a correct answer
>>
>>69518510
What do they usually charge you for mastering? Genre?
>>
>>69518510
>After listening to your own track repeatedly, you lose objectivity and won't get the best out of the mastering.

I hate that feel, most times i just releases the track and say fuck it
>>
>>69518547

what if your style is lofi and you want it to sound muddy and unclean?
>>
>>69518656
Tape saturation and cut down the highs.
>>
>>69518616

Depends on who you use. Audio Animals do top quality mastering, and they cost £30 a track. They'll do analogue or digital mastering, and they master all kinds of genres (they've done dnb, film soundtracks, bands, etc)

There's a couple of others I know of who are more genre specific and cost about £15 a track, they're usually more for dance music
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.