[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Les Rallizes Dénudés what album to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Les_Rallizes_Dénudés_-_1974.jpg (14KB, 220x153px) Image search: [Google]
Les_Rallizes_Dénudés_-_1974.jpg
14KB, 220x153px
Can we talk about Les Rallizes Dénudés
what album to start with? What's their best album? Who is Takashi Mizutani?
>>
I know they are very secret and whatever, but I hope Mizutani writes something about their history from the bands perspective before he dies. It would be really interesting.
>>
>>69510633
does he write? I just found this band today so I'm pretty ignorant on the subject
>>
>>69510653
No idea. Nobody even knows where he is nowadays. I think a few years ago someone confirmed he's still alive, but that is all we know. Other people in the scene might have contact with him, like Keiji Haino, but they'll never tell. He apparently did a lot of drugs back in the day and may still be a junkie now for all we know. I doubt he has written anything, but I just wish we could get an insider knowledge of the band due to how secretive they were. He's probably too afraid to do anything due to his connections with the Japanese Red Army, even though that's been defunct for years now.
>>
>>69510718
I see. what album should I start with?
>>
>what album to start with

'77 Live is the classic

>What's their best album

Double Heads boxset if you like a bluesy sound, Volcanic Performances if you want something more psychedelic, Naked Diza Star if you want peak noisiness

>>69510718

Haino hates Mizutani actually, he spergs out if you mention his name.

I doubt he's a junkie, given that even weed is near impossible to find in Japan.
>>
>>69510764
>'77 Live is the classic
exactly what I'm listening to so I'm glad I started off right. Where to from there?
>>
>>69510743
'77 Live is their definite one. They have tons of stuff. The Rivista Archives are really good. Heavier Than A Death In The Family seems to be a favorite. Mizutani, which was apparently from an aborted studio session, is kind of interesting if you become a fan. A few other bootlegs I have that I like are Wild Trips and Naked Diza Star.

>>69510764
Yeah, I have heard that Haino and Mizutani don't like each other much. I remember reading an article about some guy trying to find out more information about Mizutani saying that if Haino trusts you he will talk a little bit about him and might even know his whereabouts.
>>
>>69510828

If you liked Enter the Mirror best, Volcanic Performances.

If you liked The Last One best, Naked Diza Star.

If you just want something unique with high quality sound, check out Double Heads.

Mizutani is interesting, it's hit or miss.

Everything on the Rivista or Univive labels is worth a listen really, they apparently are run by old band members or something so they only release quality stuff. Unfortunately they both went defunct suddenly.

There's hundreds of other bootlegs as well; LRD was a cult bootleg trading/bootleg magazine favorite since the early 90s. But there's no high level quality control or anything, a lot of bootlegs by no-names are just random tracks recorded on a cassette or whatever from various shows.

>>69510896

Rivista Archives is Studio and Soundboard, Mizutani, '77 Live, and random scraps of material that Rivista had no use for. '77 Live is the big selling point of that box though, because it's a remastering that was apparently approved by Mizutani.

Heavier Than A Death in the Family is literally '77 Live, but the tracks are out of order and The Last One was replaced with Field of Artificial Flowers in order to fit on vinyl more easily.
>>
Finally got around to listening to them because of this thread
Holy fuck this is amazing
The combination low tape quality and guitar distortion sound like a thousand bees fucking
I love this
>>
poseurcore
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.