[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album is underrated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdP kEHvO8fY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 59209042.jpg (283KB, 1450x1450px) Image search: [Google]
59209042.jpg
283KB, 1450x1450px
This album is underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdPkEHvO8fY
>>
>>69501044
its not underrated at all, wet no.4 on billboard and got 4/5 from rolling stone, metacritic of 72, 4.5/5 from allmusic and B+ from entertainment weekly.
how it it underrated?
>>
i agree op

there's some good stuff on that record
>>
>>69501522
everyone says its when green day turned to shit
>>
File: IMG_5377.png (99KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5377.png
99KB, 400x297px
>today's a Macy's Day Parade
>>
>>69501962
well those people are just plebs
>>
>>69501522
autism
>>
What happened with American Idiot? Why did they get so far up their own asses with the hate Bush thing?
>>
>>69501044
It's their worst album, every single track is a vapid mess of trying too hard to come across as cool. Like, listen to Minority; the song is literally "I want to be a contrarian for the sake of being one because it's cool". There are a couple of decent tracks on it, but it's overall a massive dud.
It's also incredibly dated and literally sounds like it was written as the soundtrack for a 2001 'Friends' side-story movie about Ross getting burnt out and moving to Brooklyn to work in a Starbucks.
>>
>>69503161
pleb
>>
They could have evolved into a decent adult alt-rock band but that album flopped so hard they went fully into Hot Topic mode
>>
>>69503138
they made a good album.
>>
>>69503161
it's aged like a fine wine
>>
>>69501044
It's basically their Pinkerton. Most patrician in their catalog since maybe Insomniac, but the plebs didn't take it so well so they went into full top 40 mode. American Idiot was stellar though to be honest, it just gets shit on by the triggered right and because it was so popular.
>>
>>69503643

Billie Joe is a damn good songwriter you can't deny him that
>>
Some of their best singles but its very uneven with the other tracks. Misery though is a very fun song.
>>
>>69503677
Yeah. At the point of Warning there was nothing to do but blow the idea of "punk" out of the water, seeing as they already played it commercial in Dookie and Nimrod and played it hardcore on Insomniac. The album has that great raw sound they developed from Insomniac, the folk influence from Nimrod, plus a bunch of off the wall ideas (the vaudeville "Misery", off topics like"Church on Sunday" and "Fashion Victim").
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.