[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Travis Scott? It's hard to form

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: o3Nf1T.jpg (448KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
o3Nf1T.jpg
448KB, 800x800px
What do you guys think of Travis Scott?

It's hard to form an opinion without comparing him to a lot of artists because his inspirations are both obvious but numerous. His singing ability is far above Kanye/Cudi, production is very spiritually similar, but he seems to have an incredibly dark aura around all of his music, in a different way than those two ever did.

Honestly one of the most unique artists I've been listening to, I don't see /mu/ talk about him much but I haven't been here much lately except to laugh at how bad Gambino's new album was.
>>
literally who?
>>
He's amazing
>>
Who dis nigga
>>
>>69492687
>Honestly one of the most unique artists I've been listening to
sounds exactly like kid cudi with autotune
what are you talking about?
lyrically hes garbage
barely produces his own tracks
just makes pop trap
>>
>>69492751
This desu. Niggas are straight up mouth breathers who are gullible and easy to impress
>>
>>69492687
The first minute and 23 seconds of Hell of a Night is the only Travis Scott I will listen to, only because the Fleet Foxes sample is so fuckin good
>>
hes literally the opposite of that
hes the biggest biter ever
the best song on birds in the trap sing mcknight (beibs in the trap) wasnt even his song
>>
Rodeo by far is his best album. Start there if you think he's just rip-off pop trap.
>>
>>69492786
Hey. Fuck off.
>>
>>69492792
The concept of "biting" is something I understand, totally, but to me it's not biting it's just very obvious inspiration. He has gone places conceptually (Rodeo) that a lot of rappers wouldn't go because it's not "full of bangers!" It's cohesive, it has an incredible sound and atmosphere. He excels at atmosphere imo.

I think the concept of originality in music is something people cling to but I definitely think it doesn't apply to travis scott. I watched a really nice video the other day about Desiigner and Future, and I think it explained how I feel about "biting"

https://youtu.be/tPOHbl4zTSs
>>
>>69492836
wut a little bish
>>
trash scott is *****just**** that bit different enough, that one dark distorted hi hat enough to trick children into thinking he's reinventing trap music when in reality he is a trustfund kid who never set foot in one until he started pillaging ATL's producers and rappers
>>
>>69493046
r u an avid pitchfork reader?
>>
>>69493105
no but good on them if they said the same thing about this fraud
>>
>>69492792
>One thing for sure
>>69493008
>Two things for certain nigga
>>
i like him, but he's not actually that unique
his new album is pretty bad
>>
>>69492895
>it has an incredible sound and atmosphere. He excels at atmosphere imo.
ah yes "atmosphere' the go to word when you can't explain why an artist hes good.
>>
"stroke my cactus"
>>
>>69492687
I feel he lacks a style of his own. For me, he borrows way too much from Kanye's 808 era.
Also he's a very average rapper, if not mediocre. Wherever there is a featured artist, he'll always end being outshine by them.
>>
I really like him, but I acknowledge that he's nothing special. He's different enough while still being extremely accessible.
>>
>>69492687
lmao
He literally sounds like every other memerapper out there with that obnoxious autotune voice
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.