[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mu/, I'm looking for a new set of headphones, and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hey /mu/, I'm looking for a new set of headphones, and I'm trying to decide what to get. I'm currently between the Sennheiser HD 598 and tthe Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 Ohms. Can anyone vouch for either one?
>>
>>69488343
I'll vouch for the senns
They work great and have a w i d e sound stage.
>>
>>69488343
Never listened to Beyerdynamic cans but my roommate owns Sennheiser HD 598s, I've tried them and they are incredible. Also incredibly comfortable. Just keep in mind that they're open back
>>
Kurtis, get the beyers
>>
>>69488343
i have the sennheisers, they have great sound and are the most comfortable headphones i've ever worn. only complaint is that the bass could be a little better but it is not bad at all. also they are open ear, which I like a lot, but they are best used at home.

I can't emphasize enough how comfortable they are.

also they are very very cheap around black friday/cyber monday, I picked up 2 pairs last year for 79$ each on amazon. so look around for a deal.
>>
>>69488343
The Beyers have a bass emphasis with good sub-bass extension but pretty recessed mids. Highs are slightly lacking for my taste but are pretty neutral/balanced.

The senns have more of an emphasis on the upper bass/lower mids with a great soundstage and sparkly but smooth treble. I feel they have more clarity and are more detailed than the Beyers.

If you want bass and a more v-shaped sound signature go for the dt770, if you want a more balanced and accurate sound go for the senns

You also might want to look at the Audio Technica ATH-M50s if you haven't already.
>>
>>69488343
From what I understand the Sennheiser HD 558 have the same exact driver as the 598 but are like a hundred dollars cheaper.

There's some slight difference between the two, but from everything I've gathered it is nothing significant at all. Seems worth it to look into those as they're way cheaper.
>>
>>69489116
Right now for me (Canadian) on Amazon, it's actually cheaper to get the 598s.
>>
>>69488343
I have those Sennheisers and can vouch for them.
Best headphones at that price imo
>>
In a similar boat as OP, should I get the beyerdynamic 770s or 990s?
>>
>>69488343
i've tried both. i got the beyers a year ago and returned them. not very comfy, very tight. they didn't even isolate sound that well

senns are comfy as hell and sound great.
>>
>>69490027

880s are better neutral, the 990s are unlistenably bad.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.