[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if I told you no genre is objectively above any other and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 960.jpg (98KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
98KB, 960x540px
What if I told you no genre is objectively above any other and implying otherwise only makes you appear autistic?
That all music has something to offer?
That different music happens to resonate with a different range on the spectrum of human emotion and that all of it is entirely valid to express?
That not everything has to be as complex as classical scores, or as technical as progressive rock/metal, or as instantly gratifying as pop?
Or that hip-hop with meaningful lyrics and high production value exists and so do uninspired and dull attempts at [your fav genres here]?
What if we all tried talking up the music we love and going into detail about how or why it connects with us, rather than wasting any amount of time bashing the music that for whatever reason hasn't clicked with us?

What if someone liking something you don't is not a personal attack that you must go out of your way to defend against?
>>
i know
don't care
duh
duh
duh
it would be a boring echo chamber.
no shit
>>
you don't come here to discuss music that you like, only music that you dislike
>>
someone's butthurt about a mean comment on their favorite album again
>>
Slint spiderman
>>
File: 1456138658525.jpg (90KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1456138658525.jpg
90KB, 500x492px
Let's see who's behind it this time
>>
Of course your kind would post with a Rick & Morty screenshot.
>>
I'd argue that in terms of emotion, music that's inspired by sorrow, misery, loss, failure, etc is what ends up cutting the deepest, as the universe is inherently a system that irreversibly runs down and descends into chaos so these sort of emotions are the unavoidable takeaway and bottom line of the human condition. Is this objectively wrong?
>>
always the ricky and morty fans
what a shit show
>>
b...bb...but what if arguing about music is the only way i'm capable of holding a conversation longer than a minute?
>>
>>69481741
Then you wonldn't be saying anything new, profound, or substantial whatsoever. Good thing you're not actually making entire threads dedicated to spewing this sophistic garbage while pushing other, much better threads off of the boa-oh wait, you are. You absolute asshole.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.